IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Slipknot? Are we not above that here at WATMM...

Slipknot and Jesu in the same post - wow. Just wow.

it's weird that we feel differently about something subjective!!!!!!!

:sorcerer:

woa does it not all sound the same? whats the difference? that one is mainstream and one isnt?

Isn't that what people say about electronic music...

Guest Greg Reason

woa does it not all sound the same? whats the difference? that one is mainstream and one isnt?

I'm hard pressed imagining two groups that sound less like each other than Slipknot and Jesu

I'm hard pressed imagining two groups that sound less like each other than Slipknot and Jesu

amen to this. slipknot have become a hollow version of what they were. plus I'm sorry, I can't really take you seriously if you are wearing masks on stage. you fall into gwar/kiss/wef territory for me.

Jesu on the other hand... I have them up at the top of my list with Isis and tool.

Edited by jules

amen to this. slipknot have become a hollow version of what they were. plus I'm sorry, I can't really take you seriously if you are wearing masks on stage. you fall into gwar/kiss/wef territory for me.

Jesu on the other hand... I have them up at the top of my list with Isis and tool.

i agree with pretty much everything here. i also listen to chopin, lusine, metric, and noisia, for example. slipknot/jesu have totally different energy and i like them both.

slipknot's first album really does it for me (see wild zero). the rest do not. i wrote a long thread about this a while ago.

and why not the masks!! be stupid, have fun, put on a good show! totally fits with them, i think.

:yeah:

Slipknot_by_YeLdArB666.png

ps fear factory has a new album! and it is pretty ok. i love the production, just wish the vocals were a little different and the songs were more varied.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest dankbudz

I used to be metalhead but true thrasher htaing poser glam metal.... only old school death, grindcore, thrash, powerviolence, etc. but i stopped listening to it so much after having weird ph lization about life .... wahteva I still like to listen to metal but not as much . But trust me tho I got about 60 gigs of pure metal on my computer putting aside all the other genres of music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jw_Ob9Wye18