IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Damn dude. That fest looks insane.

It was, first of all because it was in and around a fort. with wine, coffee and (craft) beer bars and ridiculous amounts of quality food stands all over, but there was also part of the fort used as a cinema (with proper movies too) and an 'ambient lodge' with drone, noise and (dark) ambient acts playing while you could lay on couches. There were also a few ("secret") corridors inside the fort you could walk through, some that had art exhibitions too. There was also a nice small river next to the campsite, so we could just dive in there every morning if we were able to. 

Also it was like an hour drive from the ossuary in Kutna Hora, the most kvlt metal approved place to visit, so we also went to that on the way home. 

been curious about Wrekmeister Harmonies for a long time.

Yeah, never heard anything from them before, but it was really good live (as far as I can remember...), so I'll have to check out their stuff soon. 

I went to Sedlec Ossuary a few months ago. It was the gnarliest. Then I went to Dačický and ate some wild boar goulash. It was proper. 

I just listened to a full Pig Destroyer album (Book Burner) for the first time and I can't believe I didn't check this out sooner. fucking love it, satisfying my grind desires nicely. the drums are so clear and machinegun-precise.

i guess it passes as metal mostly because of vox, without them it is closer to my beloved mouthus and their textural noise than to any metal, but the vocals give it the same "off" feel that i like, like there are two different layers going in parallel and not quite settling with each other, and it's very interesting musically. somewhat similar to that gurgly stuff ivan posts in that sense.

Edited by eugene

^ lol sign me the fuck up

woow that is so, sloppy and yet super crunshy, gotta find a rip asap

not metal but had a listen to some of my old treasures and found this awesome abomination

also the nuttiest band in india got a new album on bizarre leprous bandcamp, here's the first track, for fans of metallica

also the nuttiest band in india got a new album on bizarre leprous bandcamp, here's the first track, for fans of metallica

yeah got a solid black album vibe from that, great find!

edit: actually reminds me a bit of my archie martin vox stuff, but like four tracks playing at once

Edited by modey

Can anyone recommend metal similar to Inter Arma? I like my stuff to sound like a Lovecraftian monster rising from the sea.

Sumac might do you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QyHhd1JYuw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RwBuu9yyXI

Aaron Turner's vision for Sumac is pretty interesting when compared/contrasted to Isis. more cerebral, more minimal, yet also more sludgy and raw. were you ever an Isis fan or am I remembering that wrong? 

edit: production on this last Sumac LP is stellar, such a big warm deep sound. it is flat-out ridiculous how many good albums Kurt Ballou has had a hand in producing.

Edited by usagi

Kurt Ballou has produced more great albums than anyone else.

speaking of i saw Converge at ArcTanGent and it was so fucking killer! i actually dreamt i was there again a few nights ago zlolz

Can anyone recommend metal similar to Inter Arma? I like my stuff to sound like a Lovecraftian monster rising from the sea.

The Great Old Ones... can't get more Lovecraftian then that...

Also Ahab:

Inverloch:

Cruciamentum:

Portal are so fkn good. I saw them live a few years ago, their vocalist was wearing some ridiculous hooded costume and all the band members had nooses around their necks, and the music was super bleak and oppressive.. plus I was high as fuck from eating too much of a weed brownie my seasoned stoner friend made, and kept insisting that I eat more.. so that made it even more intense lol

Neurosis are the daddies. they're a special band in a number of ways, not just in the sense of having had an enormous influence and presence in post-metal but also in that they're like an institution of its own force. they're under no pressure to record, they're independent, their sound s their vision, and each release is carefully crafted and with true soul. /fancum

• 2 weeks later...