IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

If a band like Ghost is considered metal, I don't know how Deafheaven isn't. Kind of like how a lot of people think that grime isn't just a subgenre of hiphop, for some reason. Fuckin' genres, man. 

the new Hooded Menace is amazing as well

Fuck yeah, loving this album.

Can't get into the new Mammoth Grinder, something about it just seems very bland, the mixing seems pretty bad as well.

the new Portal album blew me the fuck away today. i've listened to them before but haven't been too enthralled, but this is fucking amazing! tried to find the LP online but it seems to be sold out or out of stock everywhere (in UK)

but even that didn't hit me like Full Of Hell did. i've came across the name before but never paid attention. they've just signed to Relapse so i gave Trumpeting Ecstasy a spin and it's one of the most vicious records i've ever heard. i feel like a dummy for missing out on it for so long. the vocal style and range is intense, the drummer is insane and some filthy noise electronic fuckery pops up all over the album. it's mixed and mastered perfectly—maybe Kurt Ballou's best work??

Edited by QQQ

This is so hecking good. Spookiness. 

Heard a couple tracks of theirs back in the day and just kinda viewed them as cool in a quirky kind of way. Listened to the EPyou just posted and goddamn. Then I listened to their most recent LP and

201210161602521.jpg

that's some preemo haunted house metal

aaaand another one:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c55vrhrfpqbbou9/StarsHideYourFires_mix2.mp3?dl=0

c'mon ppl, this is rob fucking marton of DA fame returning after 18 yeers, dream(less) come trve!! loving the guitar sound (or at least what's audible through crap mix), drums are kinda meh-chineish, specially compared to witte but alas he seems to be out for good.

HŸPE!

I forget who it was that recommended Archspire here and in chatmm a while ago, been listening to them a lot lately. I figured they would be sloppy or unable to replicate the studio tracks live but no, they're a damn clockwork

Edited by span

I forget who it was that recommended Archspire here and in chatmm a while ago, been listening to them a lot lately. I figured they would be sloppy or unable to replicate the studio tracks live but no, they're a damn clockwork

I believe that would have been me, when I posted "Human Murmuration"... I haven't seen them live yet myself but a friend of mine has caught them twice and said as well that they're just as on point live as well. I need to catch them when they come around here.