IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

I fucking love Genghis Tron. Board Up The House was one of the albums that drew me into an extended phase of metal listening. sadly, they will never do another album it seems. but I've found something to scratch that itch with this Agoraphobic Nosebleed album I recently got into.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lhbj0DHgpMQ

love the way it opens. grind 5evr

Ok wow so his guitar signal is being split out and sent through some filtering, distortion and octave effects for the bass tone? That is cool if that is the case.

Braintree - you programming in all the drums or have you got someone playing with you? I'm a big fan of the drum programming in Genghis Tron so would be keen to hear what you're up to.

It's probably doubled out through an FX loop into octave pedal and into to a bass amp, there's a few doom bands that do that also...

New Ekpyrosis EP has taken almost more of a death/doom approach than straightup death of the previous album, but it's still pretty fuckin' gnarly;

Ok wow so his guitar signal is being split out and sent through some filtering, distortion and octave effects for the bass tone? That is cool if that is the case.

Braintree - you programming in all the drums or have you got someone playing with you? I'm a big fan of the drum programming in Genghis Tron so would be keen to hear what you're up to.

Yeah, it would all be programmed, but I'm planning on using Polyend's Perc Pro on a real kit and have interspersed breaks and gabber kicks. Kind of a crossover of grindcore, power violence, and breakcore tropes.

Power Trip is sweet. They opened for Cannibal Corpse a few months back, but I only caught the last couple songs of their set.

Nightmare Logic is a good album, but I wish it weren't so washed in reverb.

Power Trip are great, though their latest is so good i don't return to the other albums much

They just released a compilation of older stuff that sounds even better, IMO. 

dang haven't heard that yet. i'll give it a blast soon. i have a really cool windbreaker with the Power Trip skull logo on the back, prob coolest bit of band merch i own. metal and HC merch is the best, i love the OTT graphics and logo art. i brought a Full Of Hell longsleeve (the kind with dumb art all down the sleeves and shit) recently, it 0wns

I listened to Discordance Axis - Jouhou on the way to work today. I originally bought the reissue on Hydra Head in 04 but I've not listened to it in a few years. Still very good.

anyone a fan of Robotic Empire (the label)? one of my favourite and most respected labels. a lot of their bands were my formative bands when i was a teen. metal, hardcore, screamo, all that good stuff. Thou just released a new album with them. it's a pretty difficult record to get into, but well worth it. top band. been re-listening to their joint records with The Body recently . . . absolutely fuckin killer work!

also im wasted right now. is there any better music to listen to than heavy metal when you're absolutely fucked? my girlfriend doesn't agree and neither do my neighbors but fuck em l o l

Edited by QQQ

I listened to Discordance Axis - Jouhou on the way to work today. I originally bought the reissue on Hydra Head in 04 but I've not listened to it in a few years. Still very good.

got the devour originals of this and "original sound version" :3 ... yeah they're very good indeed, only overshadowed by inalienable, which is best shit ever level. btw in case u missed it, rob marton is back: https://www.facebook.com/nooneknowswhatthedeadthink/ ... hype1

i'd recommend this 7" to every DA fan:

R-937841-1183076032.jpeg.jpg

https://www.4shared.com/rar/g6AGJdvj/96_-_M_-_QFTC_EP_By_Necro.html?

(no tubes)

...and this quasi-DA-tribute virilio worshipping swedish also-3-ppl band:

great and quite uniquely twangy guitar sound. riffs very slayery. also pretty weird.

^ yee, I bought that Asterisk LP when it was released :^)

I used to hoover up anything that came out on 31G and GSL back then and the LP came out on one of those iirc.

Will check those other links out when I am not bound by my work's draconian internet filters, cheers!

• 2 weeks later...

Mare has probably been brought up ITT (by me if nobody else) but yeah, their one little EP is fucking good. I heard they did some shows again a couple years ago or something but never heard anything about new music.