IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Played Hymns by Godflesh for the first time yesterday. Fucking hell what a brilliant album. Crushingly heavy but just has that tiny spoonful of something buried deep resembling a melody, not just a pitch black pit of despair.

Yes most excellent indeed.

Edited by beerwolf

Another vote for the new Sleep album. Love it.

i always stayed away from sleep cause i tought it was one of those overhyped black sabbath clones but damn, it's an excellent album indeed!

Definitely playing more metal nowadays than I have for a long time. Feels really good. IDM and metal is a good mix.

Can I ask you chaps what you think of Alcest? A few people I've been talking too say they're worth checking out. I'm really out of the loop with modern bands (blame Warp for that!)

Edited by beerwolf

Played Hymns by Godflesh for the first time yesterday. Fucking hell what a brilliant album. Crushingly heavy but just has that tiny spoonful of something buried deep resembling a melody, not just a pitch black pit of despair.

Yes most excellent indeed.

check out the remaster! it's got much better balance, less treble, the way it was intended to sound I think. the original had some weird decisions going on, as great a Godflesh album as it is.

I keep coming back to this Vektor album.. haven't heard any of their other albums but this one really does it for me.. I fkn love prog thrash

edit: I posted it already in this thread lol, don't care, needs a repost imo

Edited by modey

Over moon to tell my music brethren that I've got a ticket for this. That's not boasting just I have to tell someone! Never seen Deftones before.

Nine Inch Nails same festival on Friday. My mind might melt.

I keep coming back to this Vektor album.. haven't heard any of their other albums but this one really does it for me.. I fkn love prog thrash

Do yourself a favor and listen to Black Future. I think it's stronger. All a matter of taste, blah blah but really it's a great album.

Do yourself a favor and listen to Black Future. I think it's stronger. All a matter of taste, blah blah but really it's a great album.

yeah black future is waaaay better 

Yeah that album is phenomenal. One of my favorite releases from last year. Its got me really excited for whatever they decide to put out next.

of course it does, and it's absolutely excellent from start to finish. I think it's my most-enjoyed metal album I've heard in the last 2 years.

of course it does, and it's absolutely excellent from start to finish. I think it's my most-enjoyed metal album I've heard in the last 2 years.

Hell yea, man. I'm patiently waiting on "Head Cage" in September. All that has been released so far is a teaser video. It's hard to believe that it's been nearly 6 years since "Book Burner" was released.

^ I think it's the mixing.

hmmmmm, it's not usual PD but I like it so far. they're moving in a beefier direction over time it seems like, even Book Burner had some sound decisions that give it a meatier quality (still sans bass) compared to the metallic grind of the preceding albums. this album better have more blastbeats though.

edit: the drum sound is completely changed, snares are phat. dunno how I feel about that yet.

Edited by usagi

Also hoping for some vox from Kath Katz on this one too - she sounds mental -like she gasping for air

"Guest vocal appearances by Agoraphobic Nosebleed's Richard Johnson and Kat Katz plus Full Of Hell's Dylan Walker."

There you go. We're pretty much getting some AnB tracks on this one (wishful thinking)

^ I completely rinsed them. pretty sure I've said that already itt as well. every single record, every single tune, their entire discography. I don't think I can listen to them anymore for a good while, or until the next album anyway. but yeah, amazing shit. I think I like Abandon All Life the most for its guitar tone.

and yes, I only listened to Book Burner and got into PD properly like a year ago, sue me  :sorcerer:

Yeah, it pains me to say that this new Pig Destroyer track is probably meant to appeal to fans of like, Lamb of God more than fans of like, Assück, Rotten Sound, or Insect Warfare. Y tho... :(