IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Ghost isn’t a bad band or anything but I’m not sure why they are considered metal. They’re basically The Shins but with lyrics about Satan. What really puzzles me is their inclusion on metalarchives but not Kvelertak or Full of Hell who are both easily 1000x more metal in every way.

Full of Hell are metal as fuck. Kvelertak are more trad rock and roll dressed up as metal.

Only Kvelertak’s third album is slightly less than metal.

I would recommend the absolute shit out of the first two Kvelertak albums even if you didn’t like the third one.

Weird. But my main point is that if Kvelertak isn't metal, then tons of bands aren't metal, (but clearly are). Black Sabbath might as well not be metal if it's put that way, but blues rock dressed up and masquerading as metal. There are so many meaningless distinctions and then they have the fucking nerve to call Ghost metal. It's annoying!

Yeah, that is pretty weird Candiru. Speaking of Kvelertak the lead singer left the band and they have already found the replacement. I really hope this band doesn't start singing all their songs in english in an effort to increase their crossover appeal. That would fucking suck.

Really digging the new Daughters single, although probably the least metal sounding thing they've put out it's damn good:

it's got me hyped on a lot of their older stuff again:

Also been blasting the newest Jungle Rot lately:

and looking forward to the upcoming Revocation:

That is a very cool track.  It didn't do anything that I expected it to do.  No metal cliches to be found whatsoever, but still definitely metal.  I'm 'll have to check out more of their stuff.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

John Zorn's O.G.. He's valid in whatever music thread. Listen to some Painkiller. Very much metal.

Edited by olo

John Zorn's O.G.. He's valid in whatever music thread. Listen to some Painkiller. Very much metal.

That Inferno one is from a new group he assembled a few years ago called Simulacrum, the 2 albums I've heard from them so far are great

re Painkiller: I'm listening to misc. Zorn stuff in an attempt to stop rinsing the Painkiller albums

Edited by span

Buried Secrets & Execution Ground got me strange looks being blasted out of my car in the early-mid nineties. I loved Bill Laswell's dub bass so much.

man, why did nobody tell me that Enslaved were like a black metal Isis?

almost makes me want to try making post-metal again, actually reminds me of one of my old songs lol

Yeah, that is pretty weird Candiru. Speaking of Kvelertak the lead singer left the band and they have already found the replacement. I really hope this band doesn't start singing all their songs in english in an effort to increase their crossover appeal. That would fucking suck.

They replaced him with another Norwegian dude who did some backup vocals on their first album so hopefully it's all good.  

cool, it has the guys from Baptists.

on the srs: mentioning Hydra Head or Kurt Ballou production immediately makes my ears prick up.

cool, it has the guys from Baptists.

on the srs: mentioning Hydra Head or Kurt Ballou production immediately makes my ears prick up.

also mastered by James Plotkin

I follow Earache on social media and they seem to be promoting country music 90% of the time which is kind of annoying, but I checked one of the tunes on YouTube and it had 12 million views, which is shocking to say the least for an Earache band

I follow Earache on social media and they seem to be promoting country music 90% of the time which is kind of annoying, but I checked one of the tunes on YouTube and it had 12 million views, which is shocking to say the least for an Earache band

*feedback* MULT - NATIONAL - CORPO - RATIONS - ...