IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

That new Voivod track track is brilliant!

yeah man, it's beautifully psychedelic, especially the solo and outro. it feels like chewy is more and more finding his own style within the band while still being respectful to the legacy. psyched for the tour in october, tickets are on the way :)

the production also deserves a special mention, pretty fucking top (because not over it).

just checking support acts... maggot heart seems pretty cool, never heard of her... the voivod influence seems quite obvious in parts! but nope, we get bio-cancer, another über-picturesque retro thrash band, meh. also come to think of it: why are support acts even called support acts when in general they're the ones being supported by going on tour with a more popular band? weird.

Horrendous are one of my favorite recent bands and the keep killin' it. Death metal that is sorta jazzy and proggy. 

A slow song from Napalm Death that makes me think they should release an album of tracks like this. 

Horrendous are one of my favorite recent bands and the keep killin' it. Death metal that is sorta jazzy and proggy. 

Checking out their album Anareta now. Great style, very much the oldskool late 80s/early 90s style of death metal, I like it! I'm really starting to warm to the somewhat less "precise" early death metal style vocals, as opposed to the Corpsegrinder style that I had become accustomed to (which I still love, tbh).

Edited by modey

Checking out their album Anareta now. Great style, very much the oldskool late 80s/early 90s style of death metal, I like it! I'm really starting to warm to the somewhat less "precise" early death metal style vocals, as opposed to the Corpsegrinder style that I had become accustomed to (which I still love, tbh).

"Precise" death metal vokills? Warming up to Season of mist artists? Say no moar:

Meet Archspire. This singer dude is so ridiculously precise he pretty much perfectly accentuates every single 16th note snare hit with a grunt. ... And that's lots, lots of snare hits. Like he must be fucking reciting "War and peace" every verse. Pretty amazing / stupid. Musically it's your typical über the top techy scale metal.

___

*Unsavory alert*

On other news Abigor went back to necro (somewhat) this year resulting in probably their best album since the 90s:

Still very "busy". The contrast of high level instrumentation and atmospheric production reminds me a bit of Ordo ad Chao by Mayhem. Also cool: There's a Karaoke version: https://luzifer.bandcamp.com/album/h-llenzwang-instrumental-version-2018

Oh well, every other Pig Destroyer album is awesome. Can’t take that away from them. Arc by Agoraphobic Nosebleed is top notch sludgery too.

guys can we pls have a moment here for lugubrum's - de vette ceucken?

one of the greatest and most underated (black) metal albums ever made, fuck Tintin, that shit is belgium and fuck you if you don't steal/buy this album

also fuck the guy that produced those early emperor records, this is how you fuckin do it you deaf twat

one of the greatest and most underated (black) metal albums ever made, fuck Tintin, that shit is belgium and fuck you if you don't steal/buy this album

also fuck the guy that produced those early emperor records, this is how you fuckin do it you deaf twat

unholy lol... i only heard albino de congo before quite a while back, decided to check em out but honestly forgot to. genuinely weird as fuck band, pretty great! also "de vette cuecken" sounds like "the fat chicken" in german XP

unholy lol... i only heard albino de congo before quite a while back, decided to check em out but honestly forgot to. genuinely weird as fuck band, pretty great! also "de vette cuecken" sounds like "the fat chicken" in german XP

haha, it's from this painting from breughell, fat kitchen times/ meagre kitchen timez

De-Vette-Keuken-Brueghel.jpg

De-Magere-Keuken-Brueghel.jpg

Edited by Ivan Ooze

haha, it's from this painting from breughell, fat kitchen times/ meagre kitchen timez

De-Vette-Keuken-Brueghel.jpg

De-Magere-Keuken-Brueghel.jpg

oh alright cuecken=küche then, makes sense i guess.

Holy shit I was just looking for some Daughters news a few days ago. I really like the direction they went with their last album, especially since I was on a big Jesus Lizard kick at the time. New track sounds Ace!

Yeah, I dig both the new tracks as well... Really looking forward to the new album, I love the way this band has progressed. And beyond his odd delivery, Lex's lyrics are darkly poetic. I picked up his poetry book recently and he's a decent poetry writer, he's said in an interview most of the Daughters lyrics since Hell Songs have started as poems.

Edited by ghOsty

Daughters formed after As The Sun Sets broke up, Lex was the frontman for both bands. Daughters themselves started as a grind band, their first "album" Canada Songs is just over 11 minutes long...

They've since gotten less grindy, but never less noisy. Hell Songs their 2nd album was their big breakthrough, it's all fucking great.

And now for some "Post-2k-technical-thrash-that'd-be-even-better-with-more-charismatic-singers-but-is-still-pretty-fucking-great-regardless" i discovered recently:

^Especially song nr. 3 really got the killer riffs coming!

^Astoundingly accurate "holy trinity"-era (you know the one) Voivod worship, almost too authentic in a way... but yeah.

amazing and hilarious!

Jumping back, Archspire is fuckin' awesome, Relentless Mutation is great had that album balsting at work today!

And now for some "Post-2k-technical-thrash-that'd-be-even-better-with-more-charismatic-singers-but-is-still-pretty-fucking-great-regardless" i discovered recently:

Listened to the first track, groovy stuff