IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

New Daughters album is out today ... and it's good .

it's fucking amazing, my copy arrived early the other day and I can't stop listening to it! The whole album is brilliant but, the final two... Ocean Song into Guest House, those two tracks are so eerily intense. 

I saw Dying Fetus, Incantation, and Gatecreeper last night and it was actually never boring for even one second. Even if you hate metal you had to be banging your head or something.

also Endon are grossly underunappreciated. they released a new album last month.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWBTx-qToiw

Endon is great, saw them live around this time last year. when they opened for Boris.. it's funny cause they're intense as FUCK onstage then off they're the stereotypical timid japanese dudes. IIRC only the vocalist really speaks English, had a short chat with him when I bought their last album at the booth. Need to hear the new one still.

I'd like to see some rig rundown on what is happening with these guitar tones. Prettty incredible .

Yeah, I just gave it a listen and was pretty bewildered by the guitar sound.  There were moments where I didn't even understand what I was lsitening to... like is he just going nuts with a harmonizer pedal or wtf is going on here.  Really interesting approach to the instrument, quite inventive.  Big fan of the drums too.  Cool album.

got me the daughters album cause of the hypetrain and urrhm after 3 full spins i'm not convinced yet

meanwhile this gives me insta soaked pussy, the debut album of Totenmesse

very diverse tracks, a shitload of awesome vocals, great riffs but the best thing are the drums that blast the sheesh out of everything

Fantano is good for being honest sometimes and not being a sheep but I think he did that Cudi/Kanye thing to keep his audience. There’s no way to be a truly independent music reviewer IMO.

He loved the new Horrendous so I give him props on that.

Fantano is good for being honest sometimes and not being a sheep but I think he did that Cudi/Kanye thing to keep his audience. There’s no way to be a truly independent music reviewer IMO.

He loved the new Horrendous so I give him props on that.

dont wanna derail the thread further but: he conceded he considered the album a 10/10 more as a culmination of kanye's career than as a perfect album by itself... which is bs imo but understandable

you don't watch Fandongles for the scores, come on. his scoring has always been nonsensical (as is the notion of scoring here itself). and he's usually an outsider to many of the genres he reviews, especially in electronic music or "extreme" metal.

Edited by usagi

He popped up as a recommended page on instagram, so I mindlessly clicked "follow".  But after seeing his face pop up twice on my feed I decided to get rid of him.  Did see the Daughter's 10/10 headline somewhere in there.  My introduction to him was his review of Exai, where he came off as the most insufferable music vlogger ever, but he has grown on me somewhat since, like a fungus or mould.

I've been in Chicago, Chicagoing for almost a week (this place is fucking awesome) and while I missed this show in Boston because I had to work, I'm seeing Wolves In The Throne Room, At The Gates, and Behemoth tomorrow night, on my last full day here. 

new Daughters is quite something, one of the best albums of the year

Listening now, I'm into it. I wouldn't really call it metal but I like it. Is it different to their other stuff?

Bell Witch's Mirror Reaper didn't get enough love, one of the best from last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10q1ZJyLXFk

love the art as well, you'd be forgiven for thinking it's Zdzislaw Beksinski himself but rather it's an artist very much inspired by him.

a2573679411_10.jpg

You guys been following the Jared Threatin story? So bizzarre and kinda hilarious...

Faked a fanbase to book a European Tour
https://variety.com/2018/music/news/threatin-european-tour-stunt-fake-ticket-sales-1203029145/

His own brother calling him out on his bullshit...
http://www.metalinjection.net/shocking-revelations/jared-threatins-brother-scott-eames-distances-himself-from-brother-says-they-havent-spoken-since-2012

Fake fanbase was "an illusion", "you're all part of the illusion"... fucking lol
http://www.metalinjection.net/finally/jered-threatin-issues-first-statement-since-drama-you-are-part-of-the-illusion

tenor.gif?itemid=5372279