IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

yes! prolly 2nd wave's late crown jewel.

nother fav:

The latest reissues on vinyl sound pretty good if you are into that kind of thing.

Ulver are true originals. Legendary maybe. They stick to their conviction and don't put up with "scene" crap. I respect that a lot.

That high frequency noise slathered all over

nother fav:

The latest reissues on vinyl sound pretty good if you are into that kind of thing.

Is there still a thousand decibels of ultra sonic noise slathered all over it?  I mean, I like noise music but holy shit!  It's like they found the most painful frequency they could and just cranked it as high as it would go, music be damned.  An original mix choice, granted.  I've liked other things I've heard from them tho.

nother fav:

Ulver are true originals. Legendary maybe. They stick to their conviction and don't put up with "scene" crap. I respect that a lot.

Yo i got the 2009 vinyl. The artwork is quite blurry, like they just scaled the CD version up in Photoshop. Agreed on the originality remark, also where to even go from this album in terms of trveness n kvlt...

nother fav:

Is there still a thousand decibels of ultra sonic noise slathered all over it?  I mean, I like noise music but holy shit!  It's like they found the most painful frequency they could and just cranked it as high as it would go, music be damned.  An original mix choice, granted.  I've liked other things I've heard from them tho.

The sound is perfect imo.

Edited by jaderpansen

new pissgrave is out n about. the cover is quite something

https://pissgrave.bandcamp.com/album/posthumous-humiliation

When I was in Copenhagen, I saw this band at Loppen solely based on their name. I became an instafan. Helicopter metal hair and disgusting riffage. Everyone was happy. 

Went to see Daughters last night at a local bar/venue. Fucking incredible set, if you get a chance to see them go! Was right up front the whole time, held Lex up multiple times as he jumped into the crowd or leaned out over us.

Props to the soundguy at the venue too, mixing was spot on and they sounded great!

post-8517-0-64169300-1552092561_thumb.jpg

post-8517-0-50227000-1552092587_thumb.jpg

post-8517-0-04289400-1552092633_thumb.jpg

post-8517-0-53307900-1552092659_thumb.jpg

Yo i got the 2009 vinyl. The artwork is quite blurry, like they just scaled the CD version up in Photoshop. Agreed on the originality remark, also where to even go from this album in terms of trveness n kvlt...

The 2016 remaster is the one I am talking about- it's still harsh as fuck but a little more rounded

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/of-wolf-and-the-past-ulver-reflects-on-20-years-of-nattens-madrigal/

There's some good insight about that all in that interview... TLDR they don't give a fuck

nother fav:

nother fav:

The sound is perfect imo.

that album is amazing but the sound, is a shame imo

such amazing traxxx but that distortion is just eardrum molesation and i say that as guy who loves to play iljdarn at full blast

also lol at that awesome bassguitar, nicely buried in the mix under that wall of skreeking noize

do Daughters play their old tracks (Hell/Canada era) or just their newer stuff?

The set was mostly based around their latest album, but they played a few off Hell Songs and The Self-Titled... I don't think they play any off the Canada era any more, which is fine IMO, they've evolved well beyond that album.

The 2016 remaster is the one I am talking about- it's still harsh as fuck but a little more rounded

http://www.invisibleoranges.com/of-wolf-and-the-past-ulver-reflects-on-20-years-of-nattens-madrigal/

There's some good insight about that all in that interview... TLDR they don't give a fuck

Nice read! Also wow, totally missed that remaster... Not sure what to think about it. It certainly is interesting to hear more detail in the bass department but at the cost of everything seeming somewhat muffled. "More rounded" seems an apt description, but that also means taking away some of the "edge", iykwim.

Anyway maybe you should try that one out, Ivan. ;)

Interesting scientifically backed study done debunking the idea that violent music makes you violent, and that "Death metal music inspires joy not violence"

:
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-47543875

"I've had one desire since I was born; to see my body ripped and torn."

The lyrics of death metal band Bloodbath's cannibalism-themed track, Eaten, do not leave much to the imagination. But neither this song - nor the gruesome lyrics of others of the genre - inspire violence.

That is the conclusion of Macquarie University's music lab, which used the track in a psychological test.

It revealed that death metal fans are not "desensitised" to violent imagery.

The findings are published in the Royal Society journal Open Science,

"[Death metal] fans are nice people," said Prof Bill Thompson, from the Australian university, which is based in Sydney. "They're not going to go out and hurt someone."

Bloodbath is excellent.

On the music for violent people point, there was that one Australian serial killer who recorded audio of his... work, which was always had Live's Throwing Copper album playing in the background.  So in conclusion, Live - Throwing Copper is the music that best inspires violent psychopaths.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsJ4O-nSveg

So brvtal.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova