IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

wish Black Breath would put out something new. I love everything this band's done, when they're not doing death metal they can pull of a perfect fusion of metal and punk styles.

3 hours ago, usagi said:

wish Black Breath would put out something new. I love everything this band's done, when they're not doing death metal they can pull of a perfect fusion of metal and punk styles.

Totally agree, Black Breath is the shit. I think I recall them cancelling some shows recently? Hope they're still making music.

One of the best shows I've ever been to in my life was seeing Black Breath play a house show in a gnarly punk basement, right before Heavy Breathing came out. I had never heard of them before and just got totally blown away by shit like I Am Beyond. One of those "Holy shit, who the fuck is this?!" moments. Got to smoke a lil weed with the guitarist after the show too. Good times

nice. well, there appears to have been no news from them since the end of 2016 so I'm assuming they're either on a long hiatus or defunct. pity, they're one of the best from the new crop of HM2 bands.

Neurosis was really good live. Maybe I would have chosen a different setlist, but they made it rule. They closed with Stones From The Sky which was pretty epic. I kept wondering if Scott Kelly was okay. 

there's new Russian Circles? I need to hear that.

9 hours ago, Candiru said:

Neurosis was really good live. Maybe I would have chosen a different setlist, but they made it rule. They closed with Stones From The Sky which was pretty epic. I kept wondering if Scott Kelly was okay. 

if you mean "inside", I'd say he's not. he's quite open to discussing some of this stuff and it's obvious it feeds into the music and helps make Neurosis what it is. legendary band, the flame they've started burns brighter with each new release I feel.

Holding Neurosis in high regard despite never fully falling in love with them. Through Silver in Blood i still put on quite regularly but i kinda lost track of em after Times of Grace. Any standout releases after that?

Dis is good track imo:

... and the one with the bagpipes. yeah.

Edited by jaderpansen

They get more post-rock with A Sun That Never Sets and The Eye Of Every Storm, but these ones will sneak up on you. TEOES is one of my faves. Given To The Rising goes back to being more heavy, and Honor Found In Decay/Fires Within Fires are late-career-but-still-really-good albums.

Edited by Candiru

Has anyone seen this movie?

It’s fucking brilliant. Definitely a must-see film for metalheads. So much gold in there that only headbangers can truly appreciate. It’s super funny too. 

Hey guys,

Anyone know this band, The Great Sabatini from Montreal? They put out an album called "dog years" 5 years ago that was all over the place and rather unhinged and that I therefore rather liked. Last year's followup was a bit more run of the mill, but, anyway: does anyone have any recommendations for further stuff in this vein?

Thanks!

On 5/28/2019 at 7:17 PM, QQQ said:

yez, happy i got to see them before they broke up

I watched them (Dillinger Escape Plan) at Reading festival when the singer took a shit in a plastic bag and chucked it us. Charming.

Lol.

Edited by beer badger

3 hours ago, qualitycontrol said:

@rhmilo

Have you tried Converge?

3 hours ago, usagi said:

@rhmilo

also great live:

Thanks for the recommendations. Will check them out. Intensive Care is sounding pretty good.

(except for the vocals - why can’t there be metal without those sh*tty grunts?)

On 8/19/2019 at 12:02 PM, Diurn said:

I was a metalhead years ago,

Not much into extreme styles, but I enjoy things like this:

This is right square in the middle of Fear Factory and Strapping Young Lad.  I'd deliver pizza to this.