IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Metal thread, how about that...

Don't really listen to traditional band music anymore but I was all about that Amphetamine Reptile and Relapse Records sound in the 90's. Neurosis, Today Is The Day, etc..

Two greats from 1992:

https://www.discogs.com/Neurosis-Souls-At-Zero/master/318042

https://www.discogs.com/Today-Is-The-Day-Supernova/master/14995

Saw Today is the Day in 94 on the Clusterfuck tour, and then again in 99 with half of Mastodon in the band, on the Voivod/Neurosis/TITD tour. Good Times. 

Edited by psn

Noice, I never got to see any of those bands. Their prime was a bit before I was allowed to go travel on my own.

That Neurosis album Souls At Zero was my soundtrack for playing Operation Overkill ][ on BBSes. I ran a pretty thriving instance of it in my local town with a lot of custom creatures and maps.

http://crpgaddict.blogspot.com/2015/04/game-187-operation-overkill-1990.html

This makes me really nostalgic and I don't even get into nostalgia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

New single from Napalm Death.

They tend to throw on at least one catchy one with every album since 2000. Hope the rest is a lot more brutal.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2020 at 4:02 AM, Braintree said:

New single from Napalm Death.

They tend to throw on at least one catchy one with every album since 2000. Hope the rest is a lot more brutal.

Sounds like a Killing Joke tribute. 

btw guys i'm trying to find a song which the video was kind of some guys in lumberjack shirts and they were next to a wood shack in the hoods headbanging... it was heavy and fun... can't really recall more than this... but it was definitely posted here on watmm, probably in this thread...

27 minutes ago, Tim_J said:

btw guys i'm trying to find a song which the video was kind of some guys in lumberjack shirts and they were next to a wood goblin in the hoods headbanging... it was heavy and fun... 

Edited by psn

On 2/13/2020 at 9:27 AM, Tim_J said:

btw guys i'm trying to find a song which the video was kind of some guys in lumberjack shirts and they were next to a wood shack in the hoods headbanging... it was heavy and fun... can't really recall more than this... but it was definitely posted here on watmm, probably in this thread...

just quoted myself cause of the page break...

• Like 1