IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

A little drunk last night I ended up on What's In My Bag and the very cool wise metal dude from Opeth was on it. It struck me I have never listened to an Opeth album. I think I had entered the IDM Zone by the time they were picking up steam and I do remember reading many great things about this band but was navigating different musical interests at the time (I actually don't think I listened to any new metal bands for over a decade). So as I've asked before What Does Watmm Think Of.... Opeth ?

Edited by beer badger

used to enjoy morningrise quite a bit, especially this part:

can't say i've been following em much since, but judging by the stuff my flatmate (big fan) showed me it went all downhill from there.

• Like 1

On 6/7/2020 at 9:11 AM, beer badger said:

A little drunk last night I ended up on What's In My Bag and the very cool wise metal dude from Opeth was on it. It struck me I have never listened to an Opeth album. I think I had entered the IDM Zone by the time they were picking up steam and I do remember reading many great things about this band but was navigating different musical interests at the time (I actually don't think I listened to any new metal bands for over a decade). So as I've asked before What Does Watmm Think Of.... Opeth ?

Opeth has a lot of great stuff. Blackwater Park and Ghost Reveries are a lot of what they do best, not the recent proginess. Damnation is a really good softer, more "acoustic" album. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

fuck this shit can't embed tracks from bandcamp, only full albums... it's 2020 this doesn't make any sense, there's not justice in the world... is this video working? cause it says video unavailable for me...

anyway if it doesn't...

track number 4 - WiFi in Emerald City

https://yuvalron.bandcamp.com/track/wifi-in-emerald-city

Edited by Tim_J