IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

On 1/23/2021 at 3:44 PM, Muteking said:

Nice. Can’t remember hearing that one before, thanks for posting. I couldn’t really get into the last couple records either. Also agree with @usagi that around the time of Angels/Demons is probably the peak. As good as those are I still think “bees..” will always be my favourite. Love the sound of that record it’s so relaxing for metal. I used to get blazed and think I was moving really slowly like a dinosaur listening to it lol. I saw them live in 2012 and they sounded amazing. Pentastar still gets a run fairly regularly as well.

that's my favourite track of theirs pre-Hex. I'd also add that I only think A/D 1/2 are their peak thus far, I think Dylan and co have many more places they could go. I haven't even sat down to listen to the last album properly.

on a separate note, WITTR live are phenomenal. I have yet to see them myself but I found these and I keep going back to them.

the album version of this track was an important entry point for me into black metal:

On 1/21/2021 at 3:57 PM, usagi said:

I'm only hanging around cos Obel said "welcome back bro" and that made my penis erect. I'm a flabby middle-aged man now so that doesn't happen much anymore, I'll take whatever opportunities I can get.

Welcum back bro.

no point starting a new release thread just for a single and I notice there wasn't even a thread for Chelsea Wolfe's Birth of Violence which was one of my favourite albums of 2019, but here's a collab single between her and Emma Ruth Rundle:

lovely. I normally have a negative reaction to anything folksy or singer/songwriter-alone-with-guitar type stuff but Chelsea's dark, dreamy sound is too nice to pass up, she hooks me good. I don't know much about Emma. I wonder if there'll be an album off the back of this single.

in case anyone's not heard Birth of Violence:

• Like 2

i saw these guys live about 5km from my home when i was just 16 ?, bruutal

i knew one of their songs from an osmose compilation and talked to em for a few minutes, nice people, the singer downed like a whole bottle of wiskey and it was just noon. Performance was great tough they played better then most bands at that festival ?

new Gatecreeper mini-album/EP/whatever An Unexpected Reality arrived without warning. it's faster and features d-beat/blastbeats, sounds more punky/grindy. I like it.

Glassjaw released one of the most inventive metal albums of the last 20 years in 2017, but I only just got the memo.  Can't believe they waited 15 years to finally record it, especially considering they banged it off in a couple weeks.  Every song contains so many great ideas.

yea that Gatecreeper is a good one. there's a new The Body album out too, only gave it one spin so far but everything they've done has been excellent so i'm sure i'll give it plenty more

i didn't see the new page. Material Control is incredible, it's probably my favourite Glassjaw LP. Coloring Book comes to streaming services (finally) on its anniversary later this month, check it out if you missed that as well

On 2/9/2021 at 8:35 AM, QQQ said:

there's a new The Body album out too

damn, I'm really behind with them even though they're one of my favourite metal bands. they've released like six records in the time I haven't kept up with them. 2021 has barely started and they've already got one out. I love their collaborative nature, particularly when they get together with Full of Hell.

always felt like this was a band electronic music heads could get into if they were looking for an entry point into metal.

i too saw mgla live and they totally won me over that night. Revenge opened for em ?

anyway i realy dig this andavald record, i believe someone of yo guys posted it here before

LOVE the vocals, total insane

also still love that new HATE FOREST album, they have a new ep (wich they should have just thrown on the full lenght imo)

i also discoverd that this durd has a band named Precambrian and it sounds just like hate boner but it's a hell lot more spastic and at the end(? )of each sonk they pull out the plug ? fuckin bruutal

I recently stumbled across ATKA and thought it was pretty great and then it turns out it were @jaderpansen all along?

I probably knew that at one point and forgot? I spent most of 2018 in the fetal position in a darkened corner.

Anyway, I could use more ATKA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, baph said:

I recently stumbled across ATKA and thought it was pretty great and then it turns out it were @jaderpansen all along?

I probably knew that at one point and forgot? I spent most of 2018 in the fetal position in a darkened corner.

Anyway, I could use more ATKA.

oh and btw: we still got dl codes out the ass if you're (or anyone else is) interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...