IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

On 1/29/2021 at 12:27 AM, usagi said:

no point starting a new release thread just for a single and I notice there wasn't even a thread for Chelsea Wolfe's Birth of Violence which was one of my favourite albums of 2019, but here's a collab single between her and Emma Ruth Rundle:

lovely. I normally have a negative reaction to anything folksy or singer/songwriter-alone-with-guitar type stuff but Chelsea's dark, dreamy sound is too nice to pass up, she hooks me good. I don't know much about Emma. I wonder if there'll be an album off the back of this single.

I do hope they make a collab album because I really like that track. ERR is worth checking out. It's dark folksy stuff but does have some doom and shoegazey vibes. She had a collab with sludge metal band Thou which is worth checking out.

Big loss. When I first started doing hardcore vocals, I took a lot of inspiration from him and how his voice sounds in Entombed records.

RIP, LG.

What a vocalist, what a frontman! He projected a perfect mix of feelgood vibes and hard as nails headbanger attitude, always an infectious, sly smile breaking through. I saw him live with Entombed probably 20 times from 1992 and up until three years ago, and my old band even did a short tour opening for them in the early 2000s. Always a good time. RIP. 

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, Ivan Ooze said:

This venom cover from cradle of filth is hilariously awesome

genuine lols, didn't know that one... actually my introduction to the song was this cover:

can't quite compete in terms of sheer degeneracy tho.

edit: FLOL can't get over the refrain of the cradle version XD... thanks for the laugh!

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2021 at 12:59 AM, usagi said:

Lol. Dude at work recently alerted me to news that a couple dudes from Mgla have a side project. 

not much of a departure stylistically but still really dope