IGNORED

Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

Anyone else into the new Cannibal Corpse album? Bit more thrashy than their previous stuff, some actual sick riffs and melodic parts among their usual impenetrable dissonance (which I do also love).

On 6/6/2021 at 11:52 PM, psn said:

Portal is some sick shit, maaaaaan. ?

fuck I'm not sure if I'm ready to experience Portal again. I saw them live a few years ago stoned out of my mind (thanks to a friend's edibles that were way too strong for me) and it was too much lol. I definitely want to listen to them again at some point though.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, modey said:

fuck I'm not sure if I'm ready to experience Portal again. I saw them live a few years ago stoned out of my mind (thanks to a friend's edibles that were way too strong for me) and it was too much lol. I definitely want to listen to them again at some point though.

Haha, sounds like a wrong combo... ?

I'm still hoping to get to see them. Their first show around these parts a few years ago was cancelled due to reasons. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can't remember how I found this. probably through browsing Profound Lore's stuff. this one's the best track off the album. nice melodic bits.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

^ mfw no thicc grindcore trap gf

I haven't spent a lot of time with Deafheaven but I like the stuff I have heard. their new single is rather nice, even if not metal at all. very pretty chorus bits.

Edited by usagi
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, usagi said:

^ mfw no thicc grindcore trap gf

I haven't spent a lot of time with Deafheaven but I like the stuff I have heard. their new single is rather nice, even if not metal at all. very pretty chorus bits.

lmao this is like one or two steps away from this sorta 90s thing in both music and video: 

On 7/2/2021 at 5:04 PM, zaizai said:

good shit

On 7/3/2021 at 12:37 AM, usagi said:

can't remember how I found this. probably through browsing Profound Lore's stuff. this one's the best track off the album. nice melodic bits.

good shit. drums coming back in about 5ish minutes those fills, some really strong shit

On 5/5/2021 at 8:22 AM, usagi said:

ERR has been a revelation to me. her style and sound is a delicious, dark antithesis to everything I despise about twee folksy female singer/songwriters which has always put me off so consistently that I wondered if there was something wrong with me. her and Chelsea working together is a match made in heaven.

really like this, reminds me a touch of Red Sparowes (before she joined them moreso than after tho, oddly). will have to give that whole album a listen. suited guitar player looks like he has a couple of men or women slaves in a basement chamber.

idk how y'all are into that Portal shit tho. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, auxien said:

lmao this is like one or two steps away from this sorta 90s thing in both music and video: 

what is it? all I've got is a grey box with "The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

1 hour ago, usagi said:

what is it? all I've got is a grey box with "The uploader has not made this video available in your country"

It’s everything you want, it’s everything you need, it’s everything inside of you that you wish you could be. It says all the right things at exactly the right time, but it means nothing to you and you don’t know why. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jaderpansen said:

SIGN meets harp meets doom metal / drone... should become a thing afaic:

gets some really nice sounds in that second video on the lever harp with the reverb

multi output video was pretty cool too, i could really see that making some great stuff. i use multi-out parallel treatment of synths/etc often, to some success.

Edited by auxien
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...