Metal Appreciation Thread!

Guest Al5x

super good live. their drummer is phenomenal.

Edited by usagi
  • Like 2
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

most idm thing I've listened to this year  

this is probably the most bonkers manic album i heard in 2019 ? and it's realy good 2 it's that insane vocalist from bethlehem ?, he never sounded better  

Posted Images

Glassjaw released one of the most inventive metal albums of the last 20 years in 2017, but I only just got the memo.  Can't believe they waited 15 years to finally record it, especially considering they banged it off in a couple weeks.  Every song contains so many great ideas.

yea that Gatecreeper is a good one. there's a new The Body album out too, only gave it one spin so far but everything they've done has been excellent so i'm sure i'll give it plenty more

i didn't see the new page. Material Control is incredible, it's probably my favourite Glassjaw LP. Coloring Book comes to streaming services (finally) on its anniversary later this month, check it out if you missed that as well

On 2/7/2021 at 7:28 AM, usagi said:

super good live. their drummer is phenomenal.

Yup

On 2/9/2021 at 8:35 AM, QQQ said:

there's a new The Body album out too

damn, I'm really behind with them even though they're one of my favourite metal bands. they've released like six records in the time I haven't kept up with them. 2021 has barely started and they've already got one out. I love their collaborative nature, particularly when they get together with Full of Hell.

always felt like this was a band electronic music heads could get into if they were looking for an entry point into metal.

i too saw mgla live and they totally won me over that night. Revenge opened for em 🙂

anyway i realy dig this andavald record, i believe someone of yo guys posted it here before

LOVE the vocals, total insane

also still love that new HATE FOREST album, they have a new ep (wich they should have just thrown on the full lenght imo)

i also discoverd that this durd has a band named Precambrian and it sounds just like hate boner but it's a hell lot more spastic and at the end(? )of each sonk they pull out the plug 😆 fuckin bruutal

I recently stumbled across ATKA and thought it was pretty great and then it turns out it were @jaderpansen all along?

I probably knew that at one point and forgot? I spent most of 2018 in the fetal position in a darkened corner.

Anyway, I could use more ATKA.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 hours ago, baph said:

cheers! yeah, frankly so do i, alas things might take a while... hopefully not another 8 years tho.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, baph said:

I recently stumbled across ATKA and thought it was pretty great and then it turns out it were @jaderpansen all along?

I probably knew that at one point and forgot? I spent most of 2018 in the fetal position in a darkened corner.

oh and btw: we still got dl codes out the ass if you're (or anyone else is) interested.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

OH BOI, one of my fav bands is coming out with a new album after 15 years, check dis shit out!

• Like 2
On 1/29/2021 at 12:27 AM, usagi said:

no point starting a new release thread just for a single and I notice there wasn't even a thread for Chelsea Wolfe's Birth of Violence which was one of my favourite albums of 2019, but here's a collab single between her and Emma Ruth Rundle:

lovely. I normally have a negative reaction to anything folksy or singer/songwriter-alone-with-guitar type stuff but Chelsea's dark, dreamy sound is too nice to pass up, she hooks me good. I don't know much about Emma. I wonder if there'll be an album off the back of this single.

I do hope they make a collab album because I really like that track. ERR is worth checking out. It's dark folksy stuff but does have some doom and shoegazey vibes. She had a collab with sludge metal band Thou which is worth checking out.

^ I like her the more I look into her. she made some nice picks here:

Apparently LG from Entombed died yesterday, supposedly of cancer. 49... fucking hell. RIP.

(What is it with Death Metal musicians and cancer tho, srsly?)

• Sad 1

Big loss. When I first started doing hardcore vocals, I took a lot of inspiration from him and how his voice sounds in Entombed records.

RIP, LG.

Damn, that sucks. Entombed was awesome. 

Two excellent metal tracks released during the pandemic

What a vocalist, what a frontman! He projected a perfect mix of feelgood vibes and hard as nails headbanger attitude, always an infectious, sly smile breaking through. I saw him live with Entombed probably 20 times from 1992 and up until three years ago, and my old band even did a short tour opening for them in the early 2000s. Always a good time. RIP. 

• Like 4