IGNORED

chances of boards of canada doing something in 2011?

Guest Sadsic

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beefuncle

Funny thing is, it's not me who's been having a hissy fit about the new boc album, it's all of you fucking dorks

jesus mate it was just a joke take it easy.

Funny thing is, it's not me who's been having a hissy fit about the new boc album, it's all of you fucking dorks

In fairness mate. You were asking for a slagging. I mean "someone close to me"?, and you're not even a regular poster.

The album will come when its ready. Although it wont live up to the hype people put around it.

In fairness mate. You were asking for a slagging. I mean "someone close to me"?, and you're not even a regular poster.

The album will come when its ready. Although it wont live up to the hype people put around it.

Ach, was just a retort. Being a regular poster is neither here nor there. "Someone close to me" simply meant it's not someone i met in the pub. The new album threads might be a bit easier a read if they weren't full of people getting all wound up because some people won't say straight off the bat how they know what they know.

Guest Beefuncle

Ach, was just a retort. Being a regular poster is neither here nor there. "Someone close to me" simply meant it's not someone i met in the pub. The new album threads might be a bit easier a read if they weren't full of people getting all wound up because some people won't say straight off the bat how they know what they know.

If members don't reveal their sources how does anyone have any right to assume they're telling the truth? Everyone has a right to be skeptical especially when people are being very deliberately enigmatic.

Yep, you're right, i shouldn't have said anything.

I'm not being smart, honestly, i shoulda just left it. There isn't really any point in adding to the clamour, i just figured that if a few people had already stated that the album wasn't too far away but people were still contesting it then i might chime in.

Either way, exciting prospect that it's not too far away now.

Guest Enter a new display name

If members don't reveal their sources how does anyone have any right to assume they're telling the truth?

ranDk.jpg

Guest Calx Sherbet

there's already a thread stating their might be something in progress, and we could maybe expect something next year. from that point on, it's your opinion.

are we done now?

my guess there will be like 10 more threads regarding the "new album" before it's out.

Yep, you're right, i shouldn't have said anything.

I'm not being smart, honestly, i shoulda just left it. There isn't really any point in adding to the clamour, i just figured that if a few people had already stated that the album wasn't too far away but people were still contesting it then i might chime in.

Either way, exciting prospect that it's not too far away now.

the reason why people are contesting anything to do with information regarding BoC is due to the fact that someone who was supposed to be a 'verified' member of Hexagon Sun has given information that turned out to be wrong, without even giving so much as a "sorry, we kinda jumped the gun a little with the information there, album has been pushed back / family stuff got in the way, etc". so it's understandable that some people here will be taking any information regarding Boards of Canada (even information directly from Warp) with a pinch of salt.

pretty sure a lot of people here won't believe it's out until Pitchwank has done their little numbers game on the album and lauded it as the best thing since Kid A.

you're not even a regular poster.

A "regular poster" here is not quite a term of endearment.

Until BOC bring out a new album, there is nothing particularly worthy to contribute to this board that hasn't already been done. Such as spamming facepalms at new posts.

On a side note, I've never quite understood the whole "I've been here longer, show some respect" schtick.

you're not even a regular poster.

A "regular poster" here is not quite a term of endearment.

Until BOC bring out a new album, there is nothing particularly worthy to contribute to this board that hasn't already been done. Such as spamming facepalms at new posts.

On a side note, I've never quite understood the whole "I've been here longer, show some respect" schtick.

That wasnt what I was getting at. I mean, if someone posts regularly it can be seen if theyre posts and predictions are valid and made on real information. Rather than some 12 year old spouting bullshit. You get it?

I couldnt give a shit about personal respect but if someone has been seen to give valid info on regular occasions then their info gets a certain amount of respect.

BoC can do what the fuck they want in 2011 for all I care. If they stick with their rural inbreeding programme for another year I'll just spend lots of money on other artists' releases instead.

might be time to consider taking down the subforum then

as in i dont think theres anything really constructive to discuss anymore

BoC can do what the fuck they want in 2011 for all I care. If they stick with their rural inbreeding programme for another year I'll just spend lots of money on other artists' releases instead.

seriously, its been months of this kind of stuff. why have the subforum seriously :facepalm:

might be time to consider taking down the subforum then

as in i dont think theres anything really constructive to discuss anymore

seriously, its been months of this kind of stuff. why have the subforum seriously :facepalm:

More like a few years running around in the same circles, I'm as guilty as anyone for contributing to that (although I do so more out of disdain for the whining fanboys than frustration waiting for a new BoC record, I'm a lot more interested in 'Scintilli' and will live quite happily if the Sandisons are never heard of again). My last post was directed at the OP and not you, by the way.

Guest Gravity

If they stick with their rural inbreeding programme for another year I'll just spend lots of money on other artists' releases instead.

Ahahahahahaha. The silence does suck, but I can't deny that it adds to their music in a way.

Guest Gravity

it's been a four year Magic Window

Would it be fair to make someone pay for an mp3 of Magic Window?

Would it be piracy to name a blank file Magic Window.mp3?

If they stick with their rural inbreeding programme for another year I'll just spend lots of money on other artists' releases instead.

Ahahahahahaha. The silence does suck, but I can't deny that it adds to their music in a way.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Unless theyre retarded, they have to see that making people wait 5 years + for a new record is going to build up a massive hype around it. Whether they like it or not. But I really dont think they'll be able to live up to all the expectations of the fanboys and so they've shot themselves in to foot I think.

Maybe they'll release their best record yet, who knows. I just dont think its likely. You could say they dont owe us anything, which is probably true. But if it werent for the fans they'd have to get real jobs so I think they should at least have the courtesy to their fans to shed a little light on the release.

Im not that pushed on a new release by them but if I were Id be mighty pissed off. Thank fuck im not a smelly BoC fanboy :cisfor: Still fun to make fun out of them.

EDIT: Summary :boc: = Pair of cunts

All this "Boards are cunts for making us wait", etc. stuff needs to stop. now. Boards doesn't owe us or anyone else ANYTHING in terms of a release. What most of you narrow-minded gits fail to realize (or comprehend) is they are not just sitting around all day, making music to the exclusion of everything else - they have families, children to raise, personal things to attend to (just like most regular people, imagine that), etc. - Whatever delays caused the album to slip from 2010 to 2011 were either beyond their control or simply the result of LIFE - we've all experienced how life can sometimes delay or end plans, no matter how important, no matter how meticulously planned out. That's just the way it is. Do you honestly think trolling the subforum with negative threads will "force" them to even say something? Get real.

That being said, whenever the new album and whatever other material they plan to release DOES come out, rest assured the subforum will be the perfect place to discuss, dissect, and ruminate about it. Until then, keep the pessimism to yourselves, as unless you have some sort of way of predicting the future (or are in Boards inner circle), you know fuckall as the rest of us.

Archived