IGNORED

chances of boards of canada doing something in 2011?

Guest Sadsic

Guest Gravity

If they stick with their rural inbreeding programme for another year I'll just spend lots of money on other artists' releases instead.

Ahahahahahaha. The silence does suck, but I can't deny that it adds to their music in a way.

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Unless theyre retarded, they have to see that making people wait 5 years + for a new record is going to build up a massive hype around it. Whether they like it or not. But I really dont think they'll be able to live up to all the expectations of the fanboys and so they've shot themselves in to foot I think.

Maybe they'll release their best record yet, who knows. I just dont think its likely. You could say they dont owe us anything, which is probably true. But if it werent for the fans they'd have to get real jobs so I think they should at least have the courtesy to their fans to shed a little light on the release.

Im not that pushed on a new release by them but if I were Id be mighty pissed off. Thank fuck im not a smelly BoC fanboy :cisfor: Still fun to make fun out of them.

EDIT: Summary :boc: = Pair of cunts

I'm not completely in the fanboy court and I'm not in the "let's just make fun of fanboys" court, but I don't think they'll disappoint with a new album at all personally. The only problem is that it's taking so fucking long. I really think they should shed a little light as you do, but as I said before their silence adds to their music in a way even with their interviews and such.

I also can't help but feel shitty about the distance they have between their fans and them. I know that they want a distance, but it still feels retarded. I don't know.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Gravity

they have families, children to raise, personal things to attend to (just like most regular people, imagine that)

It really is funny to imagine that, hahaha. We ALL want new music from them. Some get more pissy about it than others.

posting on the usual weekly 'next boc album taking too long' thread

:mu-ziq:

There will be 50 more, without a doubt.

they have families, children to raise, personal things to attend to (just like most regular people, imagine that)

It really is funny to imagine that, hahaha.

:cerious:

What most of you narrow-minded gits fail to realize (or comprehend) is they are not just sitting around all day, making music to the exclusion of everything else - they have families, children to raise, personal things to attend to (just like most regular people, imagine that), etc.

Yeah, but most people still have to keep on doing their day jobs as well as all those things JR. Isn't their job making records? And if they don't actually have to work because the cash they've made out of their crying fanboys (and me), they still owe them absolutely fuckall?

Ive said it before and Ill say it again. Unless theyre retarded, they have to see that making people wait 5 years + for a new record is going to build up a massive hype around it. Whether they like it or not. But I really dont think they'll be able to live up to all the expectations of the fanboys and so they've shot themselves in to foot I think.

I remember you saying that and I still agree with you.

Guest Gravity

It really is funny to imagine that, hahaha.

:cerious:

I wonder if they're going to raise their children on specific things that'll make them nostalgic to the max. They seem to be experts on the subject.

All this "Boards are cunts for making us wait", etc. stuff needs to stop. now. Boards doesn't owe us or anyone else ANYTHING in terms of a release. What most of you narrow-minded gits fail to realize (or comprehend) is they are not just sitting around all day, making music to the exclusion of everything else - they have families, children to raise, personal things to attend to (just like most regular people, imagine that), etc. - Whatever delays caused the album to slip from 2010 to 2011 were either beyond their control or simply the result of LIFE - we've all experienced how life can sometimes delay or end plans, no matter how important, no matter how meticulously planned out. That's just the way it is. Do you honestly think trolling the subforum with negative threads will "force" them to even say something? Get real.

That being said, whenever the new album and whatever other material they plan to release DOES come out, rest assured the subforum will be the perfect place to discuss, dissect, and ruminate about it. Until then, keep the pessimism to yourselves, as unless you have some sort of way of predicting the future (or are in Boards inner circle), you know fuckall as the rest of us.

Thats a bit too much sucking their balls Joyrex. Everyone has lives to take care of obviously. I'm not saying that Boards owe anyone anything. They could pack it in before another release and I wouldn't blame em. But dont you think its a bit ungrateful to have no press at all on the whole thing. I mean people have jobs, and music making is their livelihood. If you or anyone else had a project that had money involved dont you think that feedback to your employer (warp) or the public would be, not necessary, but courteous at least?

Im not saying its the delay that makes them selfish, its the lack of communication. So much so that I actually think its mostly on purpose that they do it.

This thread was even more entertaining than expected. I ignored this thread a few days ago, and waited for the drama to build up :emotawesomepm9:

Person very close to me. It's not chinese whispers ;)

priceless

Archived