IGNORED

So Tron Legacy Sucks right?

zazen

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Beefuncle

Moon was incredible, Sam Rockwell is a great actor.

Moon was incredible, but it wasn't hyped.

that was in my list of non-hyped movies,

I think my vote goes for star trek, really can't think of anything else.

just bought 5 ticket for me and the gang next Wednesday on the back row of the imax! :yeah:

if you honestly think your ever going to get oscar winning acting, intellectual script and a sooo important original 'plot' in a technically advanced blockbuster that has to appeal to a very wide age (and intellect) range to account for the huge budget it takes to make something visually stunning then you should pull your head out your arse a bit and go watch a nice indie arthouse flick instead.

the only reason LotR got away with it was due to the books already massive fanbase.

Transformers 1 - cheesy but awesome action sequences, loved it

Avatar - same old hollywood western tale but visually I was taken to another planet for 3hrs more than any other film and it was like watching Star Wars again for the first time (was a bit meh in 2D small screen tho)

Star Trek - pleased the old fans and created new ones, I really don't know how else they could have made a new Trek flick any better?

Tron Legacy - I expect a roller-coaster of visually stunning entertainment and a young Jeff Bridges although I did preferred the more classic look of the original teaser trailer from 2008 rather then the new Matrix Reloaded styli but we'll have to wait and see eh?

(don't get me started on fucking Lucas :dry: )

a young Jeff Bridges

Ooh boy, it's a strange bit of CGI - Technically good but every just seemed sooo weird and uncanny valley-esque. It would've probably been cheaper (and more effective) to just stick make-up on Jeff Bridges, particularly the opening scene with him and his son where you basically just see the back of his [obviously cgi] head anyway.

Guest Beefuncle

a young Jeff Bridges

Ooh boy, it's a strange bit of CGI - Technically good but every just seemed sooo weird and uncanny valley-esque. It would've probably been cheaper (and more effective) to just stick make-up on Jeff Bridges, particularly the opening scene with him and his son where you basically just see the back of his [obviously cgi] head anyway.

Prosthetics to make young actors look old is do-able but looks a bit dodgy, I think the reverse would be very disturbing, has that been done before? Oviously I'm sure it has but anyone have any famous examples?

Prosthetics to make young actors look old is do-able but looks a bit dodgy, I think the reverse would be very disturbing, has that been done before? Oviously I'm sure it has but anyone have any famous examples?

They made dumbledore look younger for the flashbacks in Half Blood Prince but I havent checked the images out in detail

a young Jeff Bridges

Benjamin Button

whoever said it was right, too much of that fucking blue in the new tron, fuck blue

and moon looked over dramatic as fuck, in the same vein as 2001 a space odyssey, sunshine, and all the other psychological space-thrillers, mind you 2001 was the only one i've watched all the way through, and i've thus decided, is all i can take of the genre.

whoever said it was right, too much of that fucking blue in the new tron, fuck blue

and moon looked over dramatic as fuck, in the same vein as 2001 a space odyssey, sunshine, and all the other psychological space-thrillers, mind you 2001 was the only one i've watched all the way through, and i've thus decided, is all i can take of the genre.

2001 over dramatic...?

:lol:

120 minute is a long fucking way to fill if you don't have a good script. You can polish a turd with lotsa visuals and cute girls in latex, but if the writing sucks, you don't have a movie. TRON looks to be like that, like most of the fanboy movies.

The original TRON was somehow similar in a way.

the Star Trek remake sucked. district 9 was very good compared to most, children of men was basically perfect.

moon was not good but it was a cut above most mainstream crap.

2001 is possibly the greatest science fiction film available.

other top notch science fiction films include Solaris (both versions) and Primer.

science fiction is my favorite genre, when done right.

99% of the time we can tell that a movie is going to be total worthless mainstream shit when we see the trailer, it was no different with Tron.

I have no soul and for the most part I reject and hate the mainstream so forgive my fury

Guest Beefuncle

2001 over dramatic...?

did you watch the michael bay edit of 2001?

it couldn't have been any less dramatic, tense yeah but thats completely different.

2001 over dramatic...?

i mean't to put an "and" between "fuck," and "in" (<like that), so not necessarily in the same vein as 2001 as in over dramatic, but as in another psychological space-thriller in which i've already given up on the genre.

2001 over dramatic...?

i mean't to put an "and" between "fuck," and "in" (<like that), so not necessarily in the same vein as 2001 as in over dramatic, but as in another psychological space-thriller in which i've already given up on the genre.

Ok

What annoys me is that this movie has been in production for ages and there's been loads of breathless interviews with the director, like this one:

... http://web.orange.co.uk/article/film/tron-legacy-joseph-kosinski ...

which try to convince us the movie will be great because the director once won an award for a fucking computer game trailer, and he talks about the 'over-arching theme' of the film, and how awesome the lead is. And thats just the standard movie industry spiel and we buy it all yet again.

Guest bitroast

saw tron: legacy last night.

first 1/4 of the film was alright. i could happily accept the over the top cgi/the cheesiness, just for a little bit of Tron 2 fun. but it didn't take long for it to wear off. i'm gonna have to agree with all the negative reviewers out there. this film was incredibly average, and pretty shitty.

disapointing!(N)

it gets too caught up in a story as well. which i couldn't even give a shit about.

all this fucken talking and crapping on about. the story was more all or less just the original tron but with little bits thrown in. and shitter acting. and really clean cgi.

really, the film was pointless. see it, if you wanna see it. but it's a pretty pointless shitty film.... :(

Guest disparaissant

i was worried moon would be overdramatic given the trailers, but i didn't think it was, sam rockwell played the character very well, and even the most dramatic scenes had self-deprecating sort-of comic relief that just really worked quite well. carried the film, in the end, i think. plus the fact that the BIG REVEAL happens quite early on, and the rest of the film is just dealing with it. i dunno. one of my favourites of 2009.

as for avatar, i liked it in 3d on an imax screen and i have no desire to see it in any other way, despite my massive gay crush on sigourney weaver. it literally was ferngully 3d (or, as i prefer, dances with blue things in space,) but honestly, the WHOA aspect of it managed to tear down any pretentious walls i had built up towards it. yes, it's black and white good vs. bad, and the plot is nearly nonexistant EVIL COLONIALIST SPACE MARINES vs GOOD BLUE ALIEN TRIBALISTS but when you've got a giant action scene happening in front of your face that all kind of melts away into a visceral keanu-reeves-esque "whoa!" moment. i dunno. i had an argument with my flatmate and his brother, and his brother and i agreed that as a moviegoing experience, avatar was awesome, but as a movie it was a utter trash. if that makes sense.

anyways, not to derail, i will probably go all fangirl on tron legacy, probably a bit like i did for the star wars prequels, i will leave the theater apologising for it to myself, and then hours later come to my senses and find tons of flaws and hate everyone involved except jeff bridges because i could never hate jeff bridges. he played a corpse so convincingly in tideland, after all.

Archived