IGNORED

So Tron Legacy Sucks right?

zazen

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Someone start a poll with 'Sucks []' and 'Doesn't Suck []' as fields, please. I don't really want to see it, certainly don't want to pay exorbitant prices for it, but I might be swayed if there's a generally good vibe behind it.

Guest Great Maker ShaiHulud

Personally wasn't too impressed with the new effects. I also felt casting Christopher Meloni was a rather odd choice.

vlcsnap-2010-12-20-17h55m33s39.png

I enjoyed it for what it was and enjoyed seeing Daft Punk. I wish there was more light cycle stuff and other games though.

I loved when tron said something like "I fight for the user", the kid in me was like fuck yeah.

The first two times I saw the trailer for this on the telly I thought it was an advert for phillishave. If they intercut closeups of a guy shaving throughout the movie I would download and watch it.

No, I still wouldn't. The art design is arse.

great action movie. noticed a lot of plot holes that went unanswered, but i guess they'll get to those in the sequels.

did anyone else think the score seemed too monotone and out of place?

Same here... Never filled in some of the story...

I was very impressed with the new 3d technology... Way better than I expected... I'm surprised it isn't a bigger deal to people...

I loved the soundtrack... The daft punk dj/club scene was amusing...

Definitely worth seeing just for the 3d...

Some great action scenes.. story sucked (how the fuck can you mess up Tron). Loved the "Messing with my zen thing here, man.." quote by jeff bridges, that was pure lebowski. The film did not have enough 3D for it to be called "3D", most of the time it was just regular ol' 2D film.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this the other night and I really enjoyed it.

I felt it was the best use of 3d in cinema yet. Having the real world scenes in 2d and the grid scenes in 3d was a great idea, evoking the same sense of wonder I imagine audiences got watching The Wizard Of Oz for the first time.

One thing that really bothered me while watching Avatar was that they heavily used the 2d filmmaking technique of having certain things in the frame be in/out of focus. This works great in 2d when you want to direct the viewer's attention to something specific on the screen, but it completely killed the immersion for me in 3d, and actually gave me a slight headache, as something would flutter by in the foreground, my eyes would want to focus on it, but it was just a blurry mess because the cinematographer wanted my eyes to focus on the characters in the middle of the screen instead.

Tron, however, alleviated this problem, as everything is rendered in very crisp digital 3d, and my eyes were welcome to dart all over the screen and absorb all the cycle trails they wanted, without the filmmakers telling me I should be looking at the center of the screen. Imo, this is the right way to do 3d, and I feel that it actually enhanced this film, while all of the other 3d films I've seen up to this point were better in 2d.

As for the film itself, normally when I see big blockbuster sci-fi/action/adventure movies, I have to quell the voice in my head viciously tearing the plot to shreds. However, throughout the duration of this film, that voice was suprisingly silent. I'm sure if I wanted to waste brainpower on picking apart someone else's artistic work to make myself feel better about my lack of accomplishments I could, but I just had so much fun watching this movie that it didn't even bother me.

The score was excellent, too. Best work I've heard from Daft Punk by far.

tl;dr...very entertaining big budget action/sci-fi. Would see again in 3d.

i saw it a couple of weeks ago on imax 3d whatever... it was my first experience watching a movie in 3d since i really don't go to the movies much at all (the last movie i ever saw in theatres before this was pans labrynth when it came out). I enjoyed the flick for what it was... it wasn't anything mind blowing and that wasn't what i was looking for. daft punks music sounded amazing, but that's probably because of the nice speakers they had in the theatre (but the quality of music sounded good and redeemed from that horrible human after all album).

i found that one guy at the club annoying during the fight scene. but it didn't ruin my enjoyment of the movie.

I almost walked out to get my $11.75 back....

the first part of the film isn't in 3D, Jeff Bridges' CGI face was terrible looking and the story was written by a marketing team....

some of the special effects were fun but not worth the money....

the 3D wasn't that impressive, made all of the characters in the shots look like they were placed there post production, which they probably were...

fuck Disney, I still love Pixar but fuck Disney in its mediocre banal ass!

Archived