IGNORED

Thread of Dreams

Salvatorin

I remember there being a dream thread in the past.

I just had an unpleasant dream, a dream which seemed like a continuation from one I might've had recently. This dream referenced some other dream in which I kill some famous person who happens to be sleeping in my bed in an accident, and then I block the memories of it, and disposing of the body, out of my mind. In my recent dream, I'm waking up in the morning and on the radio they are saying "the search for missing country music star ___ continues" etc. and I am overcome by fear, guilt, dread, remorse, tragic feelings. On top of that, 3 of my 5 bathrooms (in my fictitious house) have had the toilets and sinks removed, and my girlfriend is cooking bacon, nude. Anyways, I woke up and it took me awhile to realize I hadn't killed anyone, it felt awful.

Also: when you 'remember' something haven taken place in another dream, sometimes that seems to end up being a trick of the mind.

Guest fiznuthian

i spent last night walking on a green grass platforms in the sky following a group of people for something... can't remember what.

the grass was minecraft grass i think.

i recall the feeling of thinking i may fall at any moment, but simultaneously knowing i was supposed to be there.

nonetheless it was waaaay in the sky and eventually took me inside of the spacecraft/spacebuilding it surrounded,

full of doctors helping people.. an old friend met me at the exit on the far end.

somehow or another that exit led me swimming upriver as a 3d fish between canyons with some dude announcing to people all the exciting new features of the game.

Had a pretty cool dream about being in some kind of training program for people with special powers. My powers were running/jumping really fast and flying. We had to make this one course that lasted for 8hrs.

I just had an unpleasant dream, a dream which seemed like a continuation from one I might've had recently. This dream referenced some other dream in which I kill some famous person who happens to be sleeping in my bed in an accident, and then I block the memories of it, and disposing of the body, out of my mind. In my recent dream, I'm waking up in the morning and on the radio they are saying "the search for missing country music star ___ continues" etc. and I am overcome by fear, guilt, dread, remorse, tragic feelings. On top of that, 3 of my 5 bathrooms (in my fictitious house) have had the toilets and sinks removed, and my girlfriend is cooking bacon, nude. Anyways, I woke up and it took me awhile to realize I hadn't killed anyone, it felt awful.

Also: when you 'remember' something haven taken place in another dream, sometimes that seems to end up being a trick of the mind.

Have you been watching Dexter? I always get these kinds of dreams when I get too involved in a tv series or film that deals with the subject of being caught doing something illegal. I watch Breaking Bad at the moment (thx plstik) and I had a dream about cooking with Heisenberg and being chased by Bavarian cops this week.

But seriously, I had like the exact same dream a couple times before. I come to realize I have killed someone, no idea why, it just happened, apparently, and then I am forced to deal with the consequences, cops come knocking on my door, people dig up the place where I buried the corpse, etc. Typical paranoia kind of dream, and when I wake up, it also takes a bit of time to realize it was just a dream, cause these dreams are usually set in my house and are quite realistic.

And the nude bacon bit - McDonalds has this "McRösti" in Germany right now, they used to have it before, some years ago, I've never eaten one but my cousin told me the sauce on it was so disgusting that they kept passing it on to the next person in a group of six people and no one could put up with it so they eventually threw it away. After that, I had a dream about being on a skiing trip, wearing these heavy skiing boots and all that, I sat down on a bench in an outdoor-Alpine-restaurant-hut thing located on a snowy slope. I ordered this burger and took it to my table, I took off the upper bun and came to realize "Hey wait a minute - Where's the bacon?" - Then a waitress in hotpants came over to my table and handed me the bacon - via French kiss :ohmy:

I've heard stories about people committing murder in their dreams, apparently the feeling of guilt is unbearable. Like you've committed the worst possible deed, and nothing you can possibly do will reverse it.

I think I've killed, or tried to kill two people in my dreams, but I haven't felt any serious guilt for it, neither in the dream nor in the real world. The people I imagine killing tend to be those I seriously hate in real life.

part of a long arse, arc morphing dream this morning. I felt that i was walking down a narrow open shopping arcade in sydney, when i came to a stop besides this stand that had the most amazing sneakers, i could focus on the detail of the shoe structures and graphic designs, many of which were quite original. Anyway, so of course i wanted to buy a pair, but the hipster people that were running the stall wouldn't let me just choose the one i wanted. I had to put my hand into blind opening and then accept whichever shoes materialized. Fine, i thought, well i'll just get multiple pairs, i mean i can't lose, cause so many of these shoes so tehleet i would probably want a least one in every two, (maybe in the back of my mind i was thinking that i'd just hit them up on some sort of returns policy on those shoes that i wasn't into, because it seems out of character for me to splurge recklessly. I wasn't conscious of that idea at the time though). Unfortunately for the hipster scum of the shop, i wasn't enough of a shoe connoisseur the be able to be allowed to get more than one pair.

damn hipster bastards.

Anyway, i only mentioned this dream snippet cause i thought it was cool how nicely realised the shoe concepts were.

Guest EleminoP

I had fallen off an aircraft carrier and all the Nazis in the water were laughing because they were dying for the motherland. I looked underwater and saw a 3-D grid of zeroes. For a second this frightened me because it looked like my identification number was broken and I'd probably be pulled under, but then I saw some ones here and there and it was all good. :cool:

2 recent dreams

1. I sit down to watch The Daily Show. It is a special night, the intro is different. It is a video game screen. There is a voice over. All you can see is a pixelated SNES Sun in the middle of the screen, as seen from Earth. The voice over says, "When we were young, life was a videogame." The Sun remains in the middle of the screen but the camera begins to move out - all in SNES graphics. We see that no matter from what location in the universe, the Sun ... I don't know really. All the while there is that cosmic "dream music" playing as the voice says more things - until we have finally scrolled out completely and the sun swirls like a galaxy and then becomes a sort of asian hieroglyphic. The VO says, "Her name is Zuma," or something. Then I'm listening to Gregorian Chant music and being sucked into the realization that the Bible is 100% fact.

2. I'm wandering around in a maze of some kind, it's like a really dilapidated McDonalds Playset. Everything is plastic and made of blue and red and all that - there are some beings following me through this underworld. I'm aware that there is absolutely no meaning to any of it at the time, I am stuck in some pointless hell. I don't remember much more other than that these beings were very sociopathic and predatory, while also being cartoonish (like the Hamburgler). I woke up to the worst family Christmas morning in my life.

in my last dream there were 2 black-coated/neon-feathered owls chillin on my back porch. i opened the sliding glass door to look and that's all i remember. it was night, and i also remember sensing that my ex-step-dad was in the house for some reason... those owls meant something, i know it, as did my old step-dad, but fuck knows what. i think the owl could be my "power animal" as some like to say... who knows, all my dreams always seem to be too abstract with a fleeting context. and really, i could have dreamt of this last night, or last week... dreams seem to fuck with my perception of time as linear in that way, i can't ever really put my finger on it unless i awake immediately from the dream, which hasn't happened in years. dream thread.

I've heard stories about people committing murder in their dreams, apparently the feeling of guilt is unbearable. Like you've committed the worst possible deed, and nothing you can possibly do will reverse it.

I think I've killed, or tried to kill two people in my dreams, but I haven't felt any serious guilt for it, neither in the dream nor in the real world. The people I imagine killing tend to be those I seriously hate in real life.

It felt terrible and it felt like I had ruined my life, as if I could and would never escape the fact that I killed another human. It was like when you have some old guilty feeling and you try to abolish it but it always creeps back up.

Murder in dreams has been a recurring thing for about 5 years now. Terrible guilt and dread. The ultimate fear.

I read somewhere that it represents change in your life, but I felt like it represented more of a fear of myself.

I don't know what it represents, but I sure felt bad about myself when I woke up, (until I reasoned out that it hadn't happen).

I had a dream that there was a tree growing out of my head that stretched up into the heavens

:L

what a beautiful dream

:L

just had a boozy mid-afternoon dream that kanye west was helping me buy sneakers, i couldn't afford his awesome dior homme kicks so he recommend a grey pair of supra skytops, i was trying them on as i woke up

Guest happycase

I had a dream that some serious motherfucking cats were angry at me. I was hoping they wouldn't pounce on me because the claws were sharp, but they pounced anyway and it felt kind of good, my leg where it got me started kind of to orgasm 319435_orgasmic-salad-fingers.jpg

Then I remembered that these cats were angry and my vibration went out the roof, I tuned into my body in bed and felt myself buzzing and decided to go back into the dream for a minute cause I thought I could stay lucid, so I asked the cat what they want from life and it tried to pounce at my weiner so I jumped out feeling pretty freaked out by the thought that some being in my psyche wants to hurt my weiner.

I think this is a gay awakenings dream about deep friction on my treasure for pleasure. This is after I watched The Piano Teacher last night and did some serious thinking about intimacy with a source of pain. That movie was awesome

i had a dream last night where i could switch bodies with people by smartly thumping on their chests. i don't think i was ever in my waking body. i switched with an athletic-looking woman and decided it was a good time to practice doing backflips, since i didn't mind if this body got damaged. so i did a bunch of backflips and knocked myself around a good bit. i was more successful when i flipped from higher ground.

pretty sweet.

Last night's dream:

It started with me not knowing where I was or how I got to where I was. The characters in my dream seemed vaguely familiar but I didn't actually recognize anyone. Suddenly I realized I was sitting inside of a classroom, which is funny because I haven't been in a classroom for a few years, so it makes me think this has something to do with my past. The teacher looked like my father or possibly my uncle, either way he was related to me and his head was enormous. I think the dream became lucid for a few minutes and the teacher kept calling on me but I couldn't open my mouth to answer. I read the chalkboard and it said look to your left, so I turned my head to the left and suddenly I was on a horse, which is weird because I've never been on a horse before. I was walking through the desert, but the colors were all fucked up and there were highway advertisement signs everywhere. Then Jay Leno started to chase me, so I started running, but it was odd because I was using the horses legs to run with, and I could feel all four of them moving at the same time. After a while the horse disappeared underneath me and I realized I had four legs and Leno was no longer chasing me but it was my uncle or father who had turned into my sister with an enormous head and I couldn't tell whether she was inside the classroom still or if i had somehow been imagining that she was in the classroom or if I was in the classroom and the horse was me or I might have been Jay Leno chasing myself as a sort of celebrity fascination with my own self and the movie of my life and I somehow needed to escape everything and this was when I realized for sure that I was dreaming and all the characters in my dream became conscious of me as their God and they were pleading with me not to wake up because I was going to kill them and I began crying and I didn't know if it was me dreaming or them making me and then I woke up.

Archived