IGNORED

William Basinski - Hymns Of Oblivion

fumi

I wonder if it will ever be released? I still play it occasionally, half-cringing and half-actually really enjoying it. I think it'd be a huge risk for him putting it out, but i'd still like to see it out there, in some proper capacity.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's like listening to something that was once fresh and vibrant but now its just a piece of someone's history.

I always feel depressed after listening to it. Cannot explain why.

I thought this was what made William's music some of the best around? Melancholia is my favourite album.

Guest MortstoX

I think he looks a bit like The Dandy Warhols Cortney Taylor. What's all the talk about gimmick? Although I've listened to a lot of his music, I know nothing about him. He releases a lot of music he claims to have made in the 80s or something? Any good articles or interviews on Basinski?

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I wonder what's happened to this release? He has been uncharacteristically quiet this last year or two.

Funnily enough I was about to bump this thread for this exact reason. Has he ran out of old tapes and is pre-recording new ones for release in about 30 years time ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Wonder if the music (minus his rambling existential angst) might ever get a release?

To be honest, anything new would be good.

• 4 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Archived