IGNORED

Turning Dragon

YEK

such a rewarding album; took forever to get into it but now it gets constant rotation

see what I did there?

:shrug:

:facepalm:

exactly and i guess why this album doesn't get the love it deserves is because people are to hectical to give them the time needed to get used to its coldness / industrial-ness :shuriken:

• 3 weeks later...

I think Turning Dragon is my most listened-to Clark album, to be honest. The track ordering has such a wonderful progression. Maybe I'm just cracked but I always thought Turning Dragon was not terribly harsh, just a lot of fun.

• 1 month later...

There is a reference on the LP, saying "Illustration based on the Dope Pope character Metalman". Anyone any information on that Dope Pope? Sounds like fun :emotawesomepm9:

• 7 months later...
Guest Backson

page0003.png

Looks like Matthew Burden was doing a bleak, jagged version of this character for the cover.

I'm half tempted to get TD on vinyl just for the artwork.

• 3 weeks later...

Hehe thanks for that information. I have it on vinyl and I have the feeling some stuff is mixed a bit different than on the CD version, but maybe its just the unusual setup with the LP and my old amp.

• 2 months later...

i just got turning dragon a couple of weeks ago... does ache of the north strike anyone else as incredibly beautiful and emotional? it reminds me a lot of vordhosbn, but even stronger. crazy.

love me some clark.

Archived