IGNORED

any ZAPPA heads up in this spot?

Guest yikes

So 'Dweezil Zappa plays the music of Frank Zappa' still wasn't good enough for Ahment so he sent more cease and desist letters, which made Dweezil change the tour name into the "Cease and Desist Tour 2016" and made these T-Shirts:

Dweezil-Cease-Desist-T-Shirt-Fullsize-98

It's obvious which child inherited Zappas humour. Very similar to the whole Warner ordeal back in the 70's :)

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone hear DZ on Marc Maron's podcast?

I was kinda shocked to hear that Ahmed was behind all the recent dick-ish estate moves...carrying on Gail Zappa's legacy of 'protecting' the estate from, you know, her son.

I was kinda shocked to hear that Ahmed was behind all the recent dick-ish estate moves...carrying on Gail Zappa's legacy of 'protecting' the estate from, you know, her son.

Haven't heard that yet, no. The previous page of this thread discusses this whole ordeal though, with the open letters the brothers sent each other. Sad situation.

Haven't heard that yet, no. The previous page of this thread discusses this whole ordeal though, with the open letters the brothers sent each other. Sad situation.

http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-718-deon-cole-dweezil-zappa

• 1 year later...

I don't listen to him much these days but I lied and breathed Zappa for most of high school and college and still have a pretty hefty collection of vinyl and nearly every Ryko CD.

I almost bought a Casio FZ-1 from Gail Zappa fro $100 when the estate was selling off a bunch of the touring gear in the late 90s but I didn't have the money since I was still in high school and hardly made anything working at a video store one night a week, and didn't realize what it actually was. I thought it was just a typical Casiotone type thing, and I couldn't sell my parents on lending me $100 for a Casio keyboard.

I would be so fucking psyched if I had a Zappa-owned FZ-1.

The Dweezil vs. estate thing reminds me of the whole awful thing with Jerry Garcia's guitars, where he always considered them on loan from the maker and specifically stated in his will that they were to be given back, but the rest of the Dead (except Phil Lesh, the one cool member of the Dead and pretty IDM for a hippie - look up his connection to John Chowning and the invention of FM synthesis, for example) didn't do it, and fought for years over who would get to sell them.  I think they all ended up with private collectors in the end.

A lot of people are pretty shitty when money is involved.

• 1 year later...

i recently discovered this gem that makes me laugh a lot

IIIIIII COME FROM NOWHEEEEERRE

[youtubehd]194BLfXfvW8[/youtubehd]

one of my favorite songs!!! awesome vocals!

repost cause yes! bonkers!

shit, just went to wiki to find out who the crazy vocals are from and damn...

As of 2016, Estrada is incarcerated in a Texas prison. He was convicted for sex offenses, first having been convicted of child sex abuse in 1994 and serving six years' imprisonment, then pleading guilty to abuse of a young relative in 2012. He will not be eligible for parole until 2036, at which time he will be 93 years old.

fkn love this, Helsinki '73 Road Tapes has lashings of peak-groovetastic strangeness

https://www.discogs.com/Frank-Zappa-Road-Tapes-Venue-2/release/5120271

from the same tour & week as:

no band has achieved a better mix of forcing you to dance & swing yer pants, while your brain plays catch up with the confluence of lyrics, melodies & percussion

• 1 month later...

Archived