IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Alternate Cosmogramma Takes

crono3

For those who didn't get the email from Bleep...

Flying Lotus - 'Trigger' Webcam Application

Special Announcement for Bleep's Cosmogramma Customers

Flying Lotus: "I'm really into old jazz traditions and I felt Cosmogramma was my jazz record in a sense. In that spirit, for anyone who's bought the album, we've made something they can use to get new tracks and alternate takes from the original Cosmogramma sessions as a gift from us."

CD or Vinyl Customers - simply use your CD or vinyl copy of the album and a webcam.

Now go to flying-lotus.com/trigger

Thanks and enjoy...

Unfortunately I don't have webcam... has anyone gotten to hear or download these tracks? Any way to share the download link?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest AcrossCanyons

I've got 'em. Pretty good - there aren't many tho. The final track (Galaxy in Janaki (2008 Version)) is really great but the rest are a tad forgettable (only listned through once mind). The way of getting them is futuristic to say the least, got me quite excited.

doh, my cd copy is in storage.

Likewise. Can't they at least make a download available for those that purchased through Bleep?

Though I like the concept of using your actual CD to unlock the downloads. I just can't play right now.

My Vinyl is still sealed... :whistling:

Any vinyl ive bought in the last 6 month is all still sealed. I just dont have the setup at the moment.

Unless youre implying you havent listened to it yet. In that case, you mad bro.

My Vinyl is still sealed... :whistling:

Any vinyl ive bought in the last 12 month is all still sealed.

This. Collecting Vinyl. Maybe sell them later. Nice to have a sealed copy of like Cosmogramma in 30 Years...

and of course I listen to them all... :shuriken::music:

Haven't heard many comments on the actual tracks... are they 95% just like the album tracks or a good deal different? A kind soul was nice enough to share with me, but I can't listen until I get off work.

Guest bitroast

Clock Catcher (Harp Arrangement) sounds an aweful lot like the solo harp track.

Catacombs (Extended Version) is the track at the end of satelite, but keeps going for an extra minute or so.

Pickled (Stripped Version feat. MatthewDavid) ... little melody thing that plays for 50 seconds..

Drips Mix3 alternate mix of drips. has none of the orchestrated stuff. goes alright.

Melting3 cool enough track. stripped back cosmogramma style track with bass/harp bits, echoed vocals.. (the only new track!)

Galaxy in Janaki (2008 Version) another alternate take. enjoyable stuff.

overall, nothing too exciting.

This is technically free, so I demand a link to the files. :whistling:

Free if you coughed up for a legitimate copy of 'Cosmogramma', that is.

I agree that while this is nowt exceptional, the method of downloading the zip makes up for any shortfalls. It's, like, how you'd download music if Total Recall was real.

Finally got to check it out... it's enjoyable if you're not expecting too much. A nice reminder of how much I loved Cosmogramma... now I have to go listen to the album!

There's more than 6, by the way. :sup:

What do you mean? I only got 6 tracks... though now I see they're tagged # out of 9 tracks

Guest bitroast

i noticed the 'of 9' in the mp3 track numbers.

would anyone be so incredibly kind as to help me find the other 3 tracks. i got the 6 tracks from the CD purchase download : )

Guest Coalbucket PI

Ah bollocks I forgot to do this when I got home yesterday.

I bought the vinyl as well but I don't have the restraint to leave it sealed, I always want to take it out and hold it and see all the interior artwork and such, even though I don't have a deck set up at the moment. Anyway couldn't you use this webcam thing without taking off the plastic wrap?

Archived