IGNORED

Flying Lotus - Alternate Cosmogramma Takes

crono3

Nice one, thanks for the heads up. I like the fact that he's put this up in this way, he could easily have cashed in on Cosmogramma and just released these commercially like the LA EPs. Might have been nice to make them available to, say, bleep buyers more easily though. Bit of a ballache if you don't have a webcam.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah bollocks I forgot to do this when I got home yesterday.

I bought the vinyl as well but I don't have the restraint to leave it sealed, I always want to take it out and hold it and see all the interior artwork and such, even though I don't have a deck set up at the moment. Anyway couldn't you use this webcam thing without taking off the plastic wrap?

No. You have to show the label of side c to the webcam, for all i know...

Guest AcrossCanyons

Oh for real there's more? ugh fuck printing shit out and all that. My printer doesn't work anyway. Someone hook me up? :whistling:

OK, I got access to my dad's laptop with a webcam... I got the first 6 from the CD, then track 9 from the PDFs (in order, 1-2-3)... how do we get track 7 or 8?? I tried other orders of the PDF pages but no go :(

Guest Benedict Cumberbatch

pm each other links all day long but please don't post on here.

also lol @ people complaining they don't have a webcam or printer waaaaaaah

I tried just about every combination for order of pages for the PDF I have... no extra tracks. I'm thinking maybe the vinyl & digital download PDF yield different puzzle PDFs?? I don't know... but I really want to fill in those holes now!

Guest Greg Reason

It does. Oh well. I'm not complaining about my lack of printer or webcam cause I'm just gonna get on teh internets n track this shit down the old school way

Guest Coalbucket PI

I've got the vinyl and a webcam and printer but I just haven't bothered to do it waaaaah. I don't really like the album and I probably won't notice anything different in these alternate versions.

So I downloaded 1-6 via the somewhat clever but ultimately pain-in-the-ass webcam procedure. Not one to be arsed going through the process of again, never mind printing shit, proceeded to d/l a rar of all 9 via teh interwebz. Strangely, tracks 1-6 from the website are 320kbps iTunes mp3s, yet all 9 tracks in the rar are some sketchy lame alpha VBR, bizarre bitrates (318 kbps :wtf: ), sample rates at 44khz for some and 48 for others... probably a transcode, though I suppose this is what to expect given the source :cisfor:

Would love to know how to get all 3 remaining tracks (seems like there's only confirmed methods for 2 at the moment) at which point I might be arsed to break out the printer...

Guest AcrossCanyons

So I downloaded 1-6 via the somewhat clever but ultimately pain-in-the-ass webcam procedure. Not one to be arsed going through the process of again, never mind printing shit, proceeded to d/l a rar of all 9 via teh interwebz. Strangely, tracks 1-6 from the website are 320kbps iTunes mp3s, yet all 9 tracks in the rar are some sketchy lame alpha VBR, bizarre bitrates (318 kbps :wtf: ), sample rates at 44khz for some and 48 for others... probably a transcode, though I suppose this is what to expect given the source :cisfor:

Would love to know how to get all 3 remaining tracks (seems like there's only confirmed methods for 2 at the moment) at which point I might be arsed to break out the printer...

Pretty sure it explains it all on the website?

edit: how to get all the tracks not the bitrates lolz

I tried it with the CD for waaay too long on 3 different PC's with webcams. When it FINALLY worked, firefox blocked the pop-up :facepalm:

Now I got the 9 tracks from somewhere else. I was expecting better technology than this.

Fuuuu

Was so frustrated with my webcam last night, sat there for what felt like an eternity waving my cd at my laptop screen. My girlfriend came home from work and was all like "what the fuuu you up to and shit"

All in vain - nothing. The funny line scanning thing came across the screen a couple of times but didnt do much else. Not even a pop up, tried different lighting, angled the cd, etc jeeeeeeez

I eventually got all the tracks (after reading how to online)... A few are good, but as a whole... nothing special. Just nice to have since they're free :)

Guest AcrossCanyons

I eventually got all the tracks (after reading how to online)... A few are good, but as a whole... nothing special. Just nice to have since they're free :)

Hook me up with the remaining ones? :flower:

Archived