IGNORED

Most obscure Aphex tracks?

sergeantk

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No problem. Also, there were the remixes of Aphex Twin stuff on this: http://www.discogs.c...s/release/30834, if they haven't been included already.

no, those are remixes of Aphex Twin, not obscure Aphex Twin tracks...

Fair enough, but surely Stone In Focus is relatively obscure then, if you're counting 'Hankie' and 'Spots' which are ten-a-penny if you're in the UK? Not trolling by the way, just an attempt at adding a relevant contribution to the thread.

anybody knows the name of this track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOQBq20UAI&feature=related

for the love of all that is acid, this needs to be released. although this has been said about a kazillion times already, it hasn't been said enough.

It will never be released along with those Warp20 tracks. Aphex sure likes it a lot though considering how often he plays it in his sets.

read the rules or gtfo

And which rule did I break? I really can't be bothered to guess. Nice attitude by the way - this forum really doesn't deserve its reputation.

yea maybe a little harsh but it's just some peoples way of ribbing or messing with new members, please don't take too much offense, happened to me too, but you are posting non-aphex stuff as tho it is aphex? is that what you were doing? you are posting in the wrong forum for starters...

No problem. Also, there were the remixes of Aphex Twin stuff on this: http://www.discogs.c...s/release/30834, if they haven't been included already.

no, those are remixes of Aphex Twin, not obscure Aphex Twin tracks...

Fair enough, but surely Stone In Focus is relatively obscure then, if you're counting 'Hankie' and 'Spots' which are ten-a-penny if you're in the UK? Not trolling by the way, just an attempt at adding a relevant contribution to the thread.

You are right, but I was listing everything that might not be on all common releases, it is harder to track down those copies especially in the US, point taken tho. Also I think I confused 'Spots' for 'Stone in Focus' i don't think spots was ever not on any of the releases.

Hankie and Stone in Focus aside, that's a damn good list I put together

Guest Mononoke

It will never be released along with those Warp20 tracks. Aphex sure likes it a lot though considering how often he plays it in his sets.

Not to mention it actually inspires movement.

The Aphex Twin is a golem.

read the rules or gtfo

And which rule did I break? I really can't be bothered to guess. Nice attitude by the way - this forum really doesn't deserve its reputation.

yea maybe a little harsh but it's just some peoples way of ribbing or messing with new members, please don't take too much offense, happened to me too, but you are posting non-aphex stuff as tho it is aphex? is that what you were doing? you are posting in the wrong forum for starters...

Okay, none taken :smile:

So, do you know of this compilation that I'm talking about? When it came out (2002), there was some information about it on the Lo Recordings website. Most of the artists are quite well known but the last track by 'Iuke' (I, not L), is by an unknown artist. From memory (and I'm paraphrasing), Lo said something like: 'The last track is by a special, mystery artist who shall remain nameless but some of you might just note a resemblance to the concrète experiments on the recent 'Drukqs'"

I haven't seen any discussion of that track since, not least on this forum but I always took that blurb (which wasn't on the Lo site for long) to be a bit of a giveaway.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.

Okay, none taken :smile:

So, do you know of this compilation that I'm talking about? When it came out (2002), there was some information about it on the Lo Recordings website. Most of the artists are quite well known but the last track by 'Iuke' (I, not L), is by an unknown artist. From memory (and I'm paraphrasing), Lo said something like: 'The last track is by a special, mystery artist who shall remain nameless but some of you might just note a resemblance to the concrète experiments on the recent 'Drukqs'"

I haven't seen any discussion of that track since, not least on this forum but I always took that blurb (which wasn't on the Lo site for long) to be a bit of a giveaway.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw that out there.

alright, I see where you are coming from now, thanks for elaborating on that. Wouldn't mind hearing this track now

edit: found it on itunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/lo-and-behold!/id41814406

Polygon Window - My Teapot from Artificial Intelligence II compliation

Polygon Window - Sand Love from Twist and Turn by Soft Ballet

rdj-lfv - a small snippet from vibert of what he describes as 'me and rich on the analog gear tip. got loads weirder and harder than this, and they all go on for hours... -Vibert' but won't be released

Mike and Rich - bivert and muons (outtake from 'Mike and Rich' that was posted by Mike online)

Aphex Twin - Phlid from Secret Tracks 2 cassette from Select magazine May 1994

Tahnaiya Russel - Sci-fi Staircase remix (submitted for Fututer Music Magazine contest under an alias)

These are really interesting to me. Does anyone happen to have a download link for those? Or perhaps PM it to me if you don't want to post here...

I've heard the Polygon Windows, but don't remember them at all.

anybody knows the name of this track?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdOQBq20UAI&feature=related

for the love of all that is acid, this needs to be released. although this has been said about a kazillion times already, it hasn't been said enough.

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

:( i want it

Has anyone mentioned his version of the A-Team theme song at the end of the Primavera Sound 2002 bootleg? Great quality on that one.

I need this one, I lost my CD-R with the live (at Primavera) and I never ever found it anywhere on the 'internet' since...

Make sure you didn't get them from here ..http://forum.watmm.com/topic/67517-the-downloads-are-in-here/ , because you gonna look like a fool.

You really think that I'm going to look like a fool?

It's been 15 years that I'm IDM'ing everywhere on the internet lol

When I say I have these tracks, ît's because I really have them...

I made a promise at the time to not spread them, but now nearly 10 years later I think it's OK to distribute them

Make sure you didn't get them from here ..http://forum.watmm.com/topic/67517-the-downloads-are-in-here/ , because you gonna look like a fool.

I made a promise at the time to not spread them, but now nearly 10 years later I think it's OK to distribute them

Hook a brother up. I PM'ed you.

Despite all the fakes going around i still have hope. Post the link.

Archived