I wish the Space Jockey's were fucking elephant alien masters not fucking bald cunts (nothing wrong with bald mind). That really fucks it up for me. Big time.

Edited by beerwolf

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bleedingc... News & Rumors)

Fox have confirmed that they’re “actively pushing ahead” with a sequel to Prometheus.

Ridley Scott is staying on board, and not handing off in an Alien-Aliens fashion, but the studio are speaking to new writers about joining him. This, they have told The Hollywood Reporter, is not because Damon Lindelof dropped the ball last time and drew huge amounts of ire from the critics and fans, but simply because “he might not be available.”

Okay, I’ll buy it. For now. He’s just too busy… with something.

Lindelof has said, several times, that he worked out and pitched a concept for the next film. It’s not clear if this core idea will remain in play, or if they’ll swap to another story line. Presumably this will depend on Scott, and how capricious he might be feeling.

Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are already contracted to appear in the sequel – it’s likely they signed on at the same times as agreeing to appear in the first film. I’m glad David is coming back because he was definitely the most interesting thin in the first film.

The studio say that we can expect the film in 2014 or 2015. This would mean, I assume, that production would take place in 2013 or 2014. Could Scott’s slate really read The CounselorBlade Runner sequel – Prometheus sequel? Seems a little lacking in variety.

Let’s see how things develop here. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this film just slip down the back of the sofa at some point.

Fox prepping Prometheus sequel: Scott, Rapace, Fassbender on board, Lindelof not.

Fox is pushing for a 2014/15 release.

They're looking for new writers, because Lindelof "might not be available"

:lol :lol

Edited by compson

uh oh here comes that rumor again that Lindelof's upcoming Brad Bird project 1954 is Star Wars Episode VIII. IT almost makes sense now, Prometheus was probably his biggest paycheck yet.

Edited by Awepittance

uh oh here comes that rumor again that Lindelof's upcoming Brad Bird project 1954 is Star Wars Episode VIII. IT almost makes sense now, Prometheus was probably his biggest paycheck yet.

any sources on this?

http://www.bleedingc... News & Rumors)

Fox have confirmed that they’re “actively pushing ahead” with a sequel to Prometheus.

Ridley Scott is staying on board, and not handing off in an Alien-Aliens fashion, but the studio are speaking to new writers about joining him. This, they have told The Hollywood Reporter, is not because Damon Lindelof dropped the ball last time and drew huge amounts of ire from the critics and fans, but simply because “he might not be available.”

Okay, I’ll buy it. For now. He’s just too busy… with something.

Lindelof has said, several times, that he worked out and pitched a concept for the next film. It’s not clear if this core idea will remain in play, or if they’ll swap to another story line. Presumably this will depend on Scott, and how capricious he might be feeling.

Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are already contracted to appear in the sequel – it’s likely they signed on at the same times as agreeing to appear in the first film. I’m glad David is coming back because he was definitely the most interesting thin in the first film.

The studio say that we can expect the film in 2014 or 2015. This would mean, I assume, that production would take place in 2013 or 2014. Could Scott’s slate really read The CounselorBlade Runner sequel – Prometheus sequel? Seems a little lacking in variety.

Let’s see how things develop here. I wouldn’t be surprised to see this film just slip down the back of the sofa at some point.

Fox prepping Prometheus sequel: Scott, Rapace, Fassbender on board, Lindelof not.

Fox is pushing for a 2014/15 release.

They're looking for new writers, because Lindelof "might not be available"

:lol :lol

I usually facepalm immediately with most sequels...however I feel like Prometheus almost requires one to redeem itself....would love to able to look back on the first one and say "Ahh....so that's why (forced plot mechanism) happened."

He's the perfect choice to continue the prequels' legacy of narrative incoherence .

Dear god no.

My favorite part is where the trilobite orally rapes the engineer; such violent lifecycles these creatures have. I sometimes fantasize about the trilobite having grabbed and incestuously impregnated Dr. Shaw instead creating a sort of genetic/evolutionary feedback loop... So hot.

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

My favorite part is where the trilobite orally rapes the engineer; such violent lifecycles these creatures have. I sometimes fantasize about the trilobite having grabbed and incestuously impregnated Dr. Shaw instead creating a sort of genetic/evolutionary feedback loop... So hot.

so what're you're saying is, you're into incest?

photo-1166.jpg?_r=1336118913

apologies if this has been posted before, but im not going to read through 90 fucking pages of arguments.

pretty interesting analysis from what appears to be an interested film student/buff/nerd.

[youtubehd]u94wR0NfewE[/youtubehd]

Wow. People are still talking about this p.o.s.?

yes. and apparently "uninterested" people are still jumping into this thread to post their displeasure.

apologies if this has been posted before, but im not going to read through 90 fucking pages of arguments.

pretty interesting analysis from what appears to be an interested film student/buff/nerd.

Interesting indeed!

This was great and did much to clear things up for me.

Wow. People are still talking about this p.o.s.?

yes. and apparently "uninterested" people are still jumping into this thread to post their displeasure.

i think it's totally understandable why, it's a scifi movie made by Ridley Scott. It's a prequel to one of the best horror movies of all time. It used great ideas that with different execution and planning could have made a very good film.

If it was simply just a shit film with no redeeming qualities you wouldn't have what you described. It's frustrating that with all these elements we still had such a poorly written script and dialogue where the characters felt wooden based on probably what was a really decent/creative story treatment originally.