That synopsis is bunk. Don't believe it.

if it is true it's going to be much better than i expected. And i'm glad as shit that my origina theory about...

the astronauts not returning back home is sound, because that would be the only way they could pull it off. It's like outdoing the ending from Planet of the Apes, they are on primordial earth so clearly they have no means of returning home.

Edited by Awepittance

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they keep it low key - actually, on the verge of being boring because slow paced sci-fi movies are the best (i.e. Blade Runner).

One thing I that is already bothering me is the fact that the Xenomorph is no longer frightening. The first Alien movie did a great job at making me creature creepy as hell because you never really saw the damn thing until the very end. Then James Cameron turned it into an action movie and showed us even more Xenomorphs which lowered the fright-value, and then Fincher... *static*.... and then Jean-Pierre Jeunet.. *static* .....fucking... *static* FUCK!

Yeah.

Aliens has and always will be my favourite of Alien movie. Of course that's probably because it was the first one I saw. I guess if I'd seen Alien first I may have had a different perspective. However to say Aliens wasn't scary is nuts - I personally found it shit scary. There was a hell of a lot of tension interwoven into that movie.

I aint no film buff but I am truly amped for this film. That maybe a bad thing though (prepares for a big letdown).

Alien would be in my top 10 of all time and the Space Jocky has always held a fascination for me. Cannot wait and hopefull they will show it at Imax Waterloo.

ridley scott just denied there were any xenomorphs in the film at all, then that really long convincing sounding spoiler report must be fake? either that or he's lying

pffchh.png

edit: ill go with this

A trailer for the trailer for the film?

a trailer might appear to be small and yet it's enormous and worthy of its own trailer

Edited by tauboo