Guys, Ridley just handed you the dankest cock-sucking, arsehole-fingerblasting meme....and you're complaining about it?

that film was so shit, Cormac McCarthy should stick to writing books.

lol

I cannot physically bring my gaze to bear upon Cameron Diaz.

Come on man, There's Something About Mary was cool.

Holy shit I did not expect that. Was that music actually in the film or did some YouTube tard do an edit?

I keep forgetting I'm seeing it tomorrow.

shhhht! i know he must be right. damn! no hope but ofkorz, i'm gonna watch it atleast twice :)

I fkn love Rick and Morty but dunno what to think of this.

Marketing Shmarketing.

That death scene in the Counsellor needs more Shaun! Looks like something Quantic Dream and David Cage would do.

I fkn love Rick and Morty but dunno what to think of this.

Marketing Shmarketing.

I haven't seen this series, but ain't most of todays US animated shows consist of popcultural references to some extent. It's basically built for marketing, especially since there's nothing outside of basic Alien mythology in this snippet. In fact, you could make a marketing tour on every show running with some sort of hommage to Alien.

it literally says [sponsored content] right there in the title - looks like a commission imo?

it literally says [sponsored content] right there in the title - looks like a commission imo?

Yeah and it ends with a large ad basically, yet if it wasn't so obvious, i'm not sure it will bulge at all. I mean these two guys are a sort of running Back to the Future franchise ad themselves. So yeah, big franchises are marketed all the time without any commisions or big titles.

yeah I dunno. Rick & Morty isn't a marketing scheme usually. Pop culture reference does not equal advertising. Tbh watching that show, I rarely thought of Back to the Future at all? I mean, you haven't seen it so not sure where what you say is coming from tbqhbbq.

It's a goode show btw.

Edited by Guest

yeah I dunno. Rick & Morty isn't a marketing scheme usually. Pop culture reference does not equal advertising. Tbh watching that show, I rarely thought of Back to the Future at all? I mean, you haven't seen it so not sure where what you say is coming from tbqhbbq.

It's a goode show btw.

I'm not saying it's a marketing scheme or anything negative, only that there's a thin line between a sponsored scene like that (aside from direct ads) and what animated shows naturally do. I'm not completely unfamiliar with the show, it originated from Back to the Future parody and it's strange to deny characters' likeliness visually and as archetypes (Doc wasn't an original character himself, a mish-mash of Einstein and various imaginary mad scientists).

I think we should stop this discussion and reflect.

That makes the show look very bad.

The Engineer city arrival and genocide and Davids mysterious sanctuary/lab was the best part then the ship rescues them and then it got a bit silly. The ending few minutes was also excellent just before he locks Daniels in the sleep pod and thereafter. The remaining 70% was okay.

7/10

SQUEE EDIT: I know we all hate Prometheus but there's no reason to spoil Alien Covenant

Saw it in the BFI IMAX last night, annoyingly our seats were right at the front, so spent most of the movie craning my neck to see the whole screen, and certain scenes were quite hard to follow from being too close, looked very impressive when I was given time to take in a scene though, literally had to turn my head left and right to take it all in. The set design was really very impressive, lots of epic reveals as they fly down to and wander around the planet, design of the gear/spaceships/etc was all great too, just looked great overall, CGI was all very well done as well. Music was great, seems like they were making more of an effort to borrow cues from the originals.

Acting was an improvement from Prometheus probably, though Waterson had less presence than Rapace, was a fairly dull lead tbh, but she was fine. Danny McBride surprised me in it, was quite good. The supporting cast weren't fleshed out to any significant degree, so it was similar to Prometheus in that regard, they had far less clunky dialog to deliver though so it wasn't a big deal to me.

lol @ James Franco's part, wonder why he even bothered? gets killed immediately and you're not even sure if it's him stuck in the sleep pod.

ultimately though it wasn't as good as Prometheus, the plot just wasn't interesting enough for me, and too many rehashed ideas from the originals. definitely an unsatisfying series of answers to the questions posed in Prometheus.

...and seeing as all the engineers are now dead, presumably we're not going to get any answers at all. unless there's a bunch more of them on other planets, or just buzzing around the galaxy in their ships.

the whole final part when they're back on the ship was the worst part for me, there wasn't really any tension, and I was pretty bored by the time they finally fired the thing out an airlock (again).

David not being Walter wasn't in the slightest bit surprising either, so bit of a fail there.

the next film will see David's machinations developing the xenomorphs on the new colony perhaps?

still no indication of how the ship on LV-426 came to be there, perhaps it's not important, that planet just had the ship crashed on it already.

no