lol

the alien-cam was unforgivable.

? alien. cam. ?

Oh shit, right! The POV shot!

aaaaaaaaa that! lol yes. stupid

yes, in extra-srupid fisheye lens style.

Yep, used in Alien3. Perhaps it was a nod to that? I dunno.

I feel like I'm not missing anything by not seeing this, so I'll wait until it turns up on my Now.tv box

The best part about the alien cam was that it was just the alien walking into a closed door. Not hunting, not eviscerating someone or doing some weird acrobatics. Just... *walks forward, door closes in front of it, thunk*

Then it cut to a security camera video of the alien looking at the door.

That whole bit made me laugh harder than any comedy this year.

I tried to make a joke about spoiling a scene where the xenomorph basically approaches a door. Soz!

The best part about the alien cam was that it was just the alien walking into a closed door. Not hunting, not eviscerating someone or doing some weird acrobatics. Just... *walks forward, door closes in front of it, thunk*

ya that was pretty bad...

think what was most lol to me tho was the little scene where they somehow had to show the white CGI alien approaching the city, sitting there like a little monkey for a bit, then climbing up the wall. the opposite of scary.

And also, the hyperactive transformers planet escape scene with Daneielson bouncing around from a rope while firing a machine gun at the xenomorph with one hand?

Edited by Guest

ya that was pretty bad...

think what was most lol to me tho was the little scene where they somehow had to show the white CGI alien approaching the city, sitting there like a little monkey for a bit, then climbing up the wall. the opposite of scary.

And also, the hyperactive transformers planet escape scene with Daneielson bouncing around from a rope while firing a machine gun at the xenomorph with one hand?

Not to mention the fact that they had a second shuttle this whole time? So that sequence in the middle where the lady is like "We can't get too close to the planet!" and Danny McBride told her to do it anyway was completely pointless and irrelevant?

I forgot I saw this - tells you a lot about what I thought of it.

Seriously though - this was the most predictable, phoned-in movie I have seen in quite awhile.

Was it bad? No, not really - just not very good.

Enjoyed Prometheus much more.

I have a hard time believing the stuff you guys are describing is actually in a movie.

Did we talk about the shower scene already? That was the second biggest laugh of the movie for me.

Or the multiple reaction shots of some lady's head bobbing up and down in a fountain like a fishing lure

When Walter and David are teaching each other how to play the Prometheus theme on recorder

David's blonde Fabio hair when he first shows up (???)

I have a hard time believing the stuff you guys are describing is actually in a movie.

With all the stuff I've read in this thread, I was expecting an obligatory fart sequence is also included in this flick. 

Edited by olo

also the 'dada' greeting ritual between David and the OG chestburster.

I FORGOT ABOUT THAT

They both raise their arms and I'm pretty sure it's supposed to look religious but it kinda just looks like the chest burster just scored a touchdown

Do all androids have convenient egg freezing facilities in their stomach or is it just David Aliens?

There have been some... upgrades, since your model.

*loses robofight anyway*

Did we talk about the shower scene already? That was the second biggest laugh of the movie for me.

Or the multiple reaction shots of some lady's head bobbing up and down in a fountain like a fishing lure

Flol I forgot about how ridiculous that was. They cut to it at least three times. So stupid.

I liked the shower scene though. It was predictable of course but I liked it.

David's blonde Fabio hair when he first shows up (???)

Gave me a half a boner.

The shower scene would have worked better on the planet IMO. I mean, they have to have limited water rations on that ship, right? Especially for the 2,000 sleeping colonists? But nah, let's blast ourselves with 20 gallons of that while failing to fuck before we both get aliened