when the human protagonists refuse to wear helmets when exploring new planets,and then act like fucking amateurs when they inevitably get infected,its impossible to give a shit about anyone in the movie

Like they were listening to all the Prometheus outcry for taking off helmets and poking at shit and went like "noted", and just outright abandon helmets on an alien world whatsoever. Funny thing is that in both cases it wasn't really necessary for anything to happen - in Covenant less so, but in a world where different people repeatedly get fucked by the same blood spot on the floor the writers had multiple ways to let it slide.

It's tough to retain some sort of authenticity when taking on quasi-biblical epos. At this point new Alien movies not so much destroy the legacy as make the original some sort of wonder.

At this point new Alien movies not so much destroy the legacy as make the original some sort of wonder.

You know what Amen Lare, I think you just hit the nail right square on the head.

In the early 80's and late 70's they had a of thinking heads working on these movies, it's not a coincidence that the later movies were all a failure because they had too much input from solely the director who has an insufferable ego.

i'm not sure any of that is true

i like you new watmm dude, welcome

and i love these 2 new alien movies and can't wait to see what's next *plays nosetrumpet infont of the haters*

I'm in the middle of watching this turd. I think it's somehow even worse than Prometheus? CGI albino alien looks like shiiiiiit. I'm considering turning it off, but I'm too curious.

Yeah but it's better than other worse stuff

Not really, it just looks nicer thanks to big budget FX, cinematographers and editors.

The bits that didn't have the main xenomorphs were alright, but they managed to somehow remove all the fear and tension from the final 20-30 mins of the film somehow, especially the bits with xeno #2.

In the early 80's and late 70's they had a of thinking heads working on these movies, it's not a coincidence that the later movies were all a failure because they had too much input from solely the director who has an insufferable ego.

The floating head in the water bit was probably the best bit. But yeah, not great.

I also didn't like how the soundtrack was way too influenced by the first film. Music in films is a big deal, and can become inexorably linked with it. Don't like when other films use soundtrack stuff. Especially something so iconic as the Alien soundtrack.

The floating head in the water bit was probably the best bit. But yeah, not great.

I also didn't like how the soundtrack was way too influenced by the first film. Music in films is a big deal, and can become inexorably linked with it. Don't like when other films use soundtrack stuff. Especially something so iconic as the Alien soundtrack.

I actually really liked the soundtrack. I just rewatched it and those pitched down glassy and hollow sounding strings or whatever they are sound fucking cool

They start playing at 0:30.

Anyway, I actually don't think it's THAT bad a movie. A lot of the stuff that annoys me are actually just things from Prometheus that I am being reminded of. If Prometheus hadn't existed I'm pretty sure this movie would be looked at through different glasses.