Apparently the theory is still floating around that Blade Runner and Alien are connected. I had never heard the Tom Skerritt / Tyrell Corp. connection before:

http://me.ign.com/en/m/movies/139948/feature/how-are-blade-runner-and-alien-connected

That's a out-loud laughably bad article. Seriously, you can connect anything together if you try hard enough. What woeful writing.

everyone I know who has watched this film thought it was (sorry to keep swearing) fucking atrocious, which tells me my original 7/10 was wishful deluded thinking 

Edited by beerwolf

I watched it in 4K which makes almost anything good,. He's pulling a star wars story line, but lets admit this was way better than those shit films post the first 3 pre 1990

Edited by marf

finally saw this this tonight and oh man was it bad. horrible writing. horrible direction.

i thought the characters did some stupid shit in prometheus, but they were einsteins compared to some of the morons in this film.

fully formed mini alien busts out of the captains chest, stands up, and puts his hands in the air like "ayyo wassup homiez?!"

was that part supposed to be funny? because i was laughing my ass off at that.

...not even gonna say anything about the flute scene.

please ridley. no more of this crap. give it up, man. damn.

Yeah Covenant is so bad it puts Prometheus in a good light. I didn't mind the first half but the last half was so derivative I was just waiting for it to end.

I actually really like Prometheus, I just treat it like all my other bad horror films. It just looks a bit prettier.

.. I didn't mind the first half but the last half was so derivative I was just waiting for it to end.

Totally agree; everything post Xeno introduction was a sizable letdown. The Neomorph sections I found riveting and would've enjoyed more from them. Perhaps morphs that (hyper)parasitise other morphs as well. Basically focus more on the crazy biohorror of it all pls.