Wait, what the fuck.

Giger is still alive?

Also, not only did they have Moebius, but the entire pre-production work that Dan O'Bannon, Giger, Moebius, and some sci-fi artist whose name escapes me (he specialized in ships) did on Jodorowsky's Dune. A lot of that got copied for Star Wars as well.

True, also O'Bannon's short story that he did with Moebius "The Long Tomorrow" was what inspired Ridley Scott to make Blade Runner.

Watch this, there's a segment where they discuss Dune, Jodo certainly had an interesting way of working:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9go21_alejandro-jodorowsky-constellation_shortfilms

i can't but think of the line from the movie Sphere where Sam Jackson says 'we all die down here, otherwise the computer wouldn't say it's an unknown event'

if these astronauts came to discover the origin of the human race via some 'creator' alien species then one can only assume all of these astronauts die if it takes place in the same universe as Alien 1-4, some of the set pictures of Prometheus i've seen look quite similar to the inside of the spaceship in Alien pt 1, so either these astronauts somehow keep this discovery a secret (Which would be kind of cheesy) or they dont return home

certainly appears like it. Does that mean the end-product will be less-gritty than these stills?

It looks like Seaquest DSV.

spot on very much!

Isn't this being filmed in 3D? Maybe earth tones, grit and darkness don't go that well with 3D. I'll try not to think any more about this film before I inevitably go to the cinema to see it, hopefully it's better than I fear.

I have read in the past that the sets need to be brightly lit to film in 3d. I don't remember what movie this was in context of (it may even be this one). So they would have to go in afterwards and darken things up.

I have read in the past that the sets need to be brightly lit to film in 3d. I don't remember what movie this was in context of (it may even be this one). So they would have to go in afterwards and darken things up.

Good point, I remember seeing this, it was this hobbit production video blog, well worth watching if your into the 3d technology.

http://www.guardian....kson-video-blog

*edit*

Approx 6 minutes in

Edited by feltcher

It already doesn't look as gritty/gnarly as I would have hoped. Looks very, very Hollywood. But maybe it'll be good. Optimism n' sheeit.

Yeah, when i saw the hair and make up, without even bothering to look at the set behind them, I realised that this is probably going to be visual painful. Why does every hollywood film nowadays have to have their actors looking like they just stepped out of a salon and dayspar.