IGNORED

REQUEST TO YAMAHA

Guest hahathhat

Guest hahathhat

the dx200 is badass. can we get some more along these lines? can't imagine it'd be that expensive to mass-produce.

also: love the mg series mixers. keep that up.

5363077142_c47d36da19_b.jpg

Guest hahathhat

never used the alesis, it might be good, but i figure you'd get a lot better quality recordings if you bought a dedicated audio interface (as opposed to one tacked onto a mixer)

the MG's look decent. Alesis's look really cheap 'n plasticy, but good value for money.

currently using a Focusrite Saffire interface, anyway..

i don't rate alesis gear - had a few things (monitors, USB interface, effects) and it's all been pretty poor. about the best thing they do is the Alesis Ion/Micron. and the Micron's too fiddly (had one of these too) so that really only leaves the Ion. that's the only good thing they make. and no, i haven't forgotten about the Andromeda.

Guest hahathhat

back in the day they made some good tape machines... ADAT etc

i guess i don't like their cheap stuff so much as i like their high-end stuff.

what bugs me about Alesis is they disscontinue sooooooooooooo much of their stuff all the time!! the Ion is disscontinued now, and yeah i agree that's a really good synth, but super rare now.

also agree they have done some good stuff in the past. but so much of it is all cheap 'n cheerfull now, and then they disscontinue it after a year or 2!

Guest hahathhat

i'd yamaha yo mama....

but she ain't worth da drama

p.s. -- is that airfx thing any good? i remember reading it didn't send out MIDI and being pretty put off by that at the time!!

Archived