IGNORED

the wait is getting ridiculous

Alzado

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Dogboy73

Please close the thread. Please close it now.

Please?

yeah close it. Infact close the whole forum!! Boards of Who??! We've run out of shit to talk about. Might as well make some room in cyberspace by purging this nonsense! We'll start it up again if/when a new BoC release ever appears ;-) Goodnight & God bless :boc:

I am off down the pub.

Any of you little secret squirrels who ponce about on the internet go tell BoC that the joke is fucking retarded.

You aren't Wickermen, you are not mystical spirits who haunt trees, you are not the fucking Bermuda Triangle, you aren't the horned fucking God with a black hairy arse, you are not aliens from another planet. But you do have fans who love your music. Think about that for a precious second...

Seeing as the internet is treated as some sort of bad spirit from BoC or mdg. Don't tell us about your gay new t-shirts then. Like who gives a fuck about BoC t-shirts? I suppose that was for a little pocket money was it?

I suppose now cd's have died a death and there are few vinyl buyers, you will be hoping that we all DOWNLOAD FROM THE INTERNET via bleep. Bet the old internet will be your best buddy then eh?

Time to sort it out. And I should of been down the pub fucking ages ago......

Love,

Steve

*wakes up in the morning after 7 pints of wheat beer. Blinks. Remembers BoC ranting and raving. Laughs. Sinks back into his duvet. Sheepishly don't post for a few days. Feels awkward. But feels like a bear with a juicy fat salmon in his jaws*

bleep?... i'm just gonna dock it off the interbutts when it comes out.

when i listen to it, I'll tell them if it was worth a billions years to release it.

The wait doesn't really bother me it's how they ignore having any public presence. I don't get how people can be serious fans when there's nothing to follow.

RDJ kinda does the same thing but at least he DJs and fans can go see him. That's better than anything else he could be doing for publicity.

BoC playing live? LOL

Couch sums it up. Your and me are mates lol.

Coming from a rock background (not fucking Bon Jovi and the like), I find the IDM culture of treating your fans like something you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire hard to stomach. Most bands I have supported in my life I get the impression they appreciate the value of that. IDM musicians don't seem to. At the same time I admire it because I don't do facebook myself, I hate celebrity culture and I enjoy the mystery. The internet has created a world where we demand fucking updates every 5 minutes. I can understand why these musicians stay well clear of all that.

I just kind of laugh at it sometimes, as all these geeky IDM musicians act as though they were in the SAS/SBS (special forces) or were fucking Kurtz. But in reality they sit at home in their pants tinkering on keyboards eating cornflakes. I would so love to bump into BoC in a pub, after having a few pints of Old Peculier. It would make better listening the TCH I can assure you.

read the rules

The wait doesn't really bother me it's how they ignore having any public presence. I don't get how people can be serious fans when there's nothing to follow.

RDJ kinda does the same thing but at least he DJs and fans can go see him. That's better than anything else he could be doing for publicity.

BoC playing live? LOL

Couch sums it up. Your and me are mates lol.

Coming from a rock background (not fucking Bon Jovi and the like), I find the IDM culture of treating your fans like something you wouldn't piss on if they were on fire hard to stomach. Most bands I have supported in my life I get the impression they appreciate the value of that. IDM musicians don't seem to. At the same time I admire it because I don't do facebook myself, I hate celebrity culture and I enjoy the mystery. The internet has created a world where we demand fucking updates every 5 minutes. I can understand why these musicians stay well clear of all that.

I just kind of laugh at it sometimes, as all these geeky IDM musicians act as though they were in the SAS/SBS (special forces) or were fucking Kurtz. But in reality they sit at home in their pants tinkering on keyboards eating cornflakes. I would so love to bump into BoC in a pub, after having a few pints of Old Peculier. It would make better listening the TCH I can assure you.

read the rules

Back from the boozer. Read the fucking rules? I read the rules mate. Stick 'um up your IDM arse.

I personally think they already done the next album but only made one copy which is in a paper bag in a deep hole somewhere in scotland. look out for the first treasure hunt clue on thier website :tongue:

and when the shit hits the fan they'll release new work under the boards of egypt moniker

:emotawesomepm9::braindance::shuriken::pedobear::facepalm::trashbear:

I appreciate how this post works on two levels.

don't forget the 'backwords' level, the fibonacci sequence and the 70s tv-series references :sorcerer::boc:

I bet the only time they've used these new fangled internets in the past year was to check out what they're fanbase was saying. And once they laid eyes on all our whining, hemming and hawing, they were like "These kids can all fuck themselves" and locked their crusty old master tapes in a safe behind a picture of ABBA in the gym of their underground bunker.

Guest Calx Sherbet

I don't know why it's so hard for them to post on their website a short message acknowledging if there is a new album on the way or not. Joyrex might say there is one the way, but I trust him as far as I can throw him.

i am well aware they don't owe us anything, but this would only take 1 minute out of their lives. it doesn't matter how busy they are, just a quick YES or NO. it could be a NO and i'd still be happy, simply because it's a clear cut answer. and what makes this even more annoying is this new album has been hinted at like 50 times, nobody even knows what to think or trust anymore.

Guest Calx Sherbet

waiting is for chumps. Listen to Vibert :D

thank god for Luke, i'm excited for his new releases

I think they're just waiting to see how long it takes for us to stoop to the level of (homo)erotic fan fiction. Anyone want to start?

if this was the reason, i'd be ok with it. trolling a fanbase = awesome

you'll be waiting a lot lot longer i reckon. nothing will be announced til at least spring/summer, if at all, which is highly unlikely!

you'll be lucky to get an album by this autumn/winter...

BoC just don't do anything anymore. everyone knows this! 3 albums and a few EP's and random tracks/remixes here 'n there and they're spent already!!

they don't play live. hardly ever have done, really. and they don't even DJ anywhere!

i mean come on now, let's all just move along and forget all about them. it's not as if they've even really done anything that amazing in almost 10 years now anyway!!

I agree (with the OP).. and don't even start with how i should shut up or that they don't owe their freaking fans anything. what are they, without their fans? they're us.. so, i would think it's quite natural to want some kind of update, eh , Warp?

this musical vacuum is happening right across the board though isn't it? aphex twin's last album was 2001,

OH WAIT ANALORD

plus he at least DJs

You mean The Tuss, in 2007.

inb4 sirch retardedness...

Lol,

well fuck you very much.

tbh, i really didn't care much for most of the Analords at the time.. or The Tuss, even. still don't really. it's not all that big of a deal to me.

i had better things to do be doing in 2006/2007, than geeking out on the internet and gushing over all things Aphex and BoC!

I agree (with the OP).. and don't even start with how i should shut up or that they don't owe their freaking fans anything. what are they, without their fans? they're us.. so, i would think it's quite natural to want some kind of update, eh , Warp?

lol, but there's simply nothing to update fans on! that's surely quite obvious?? there's no news!

i just don't understand how people cannot get that! and just give up already ?? lol

if there was any news.. why would Warp keep it to themselves? y'know..

there's just no news. sad, but true.

i'd like to see them release something new just as much as the next person. even just an EP. something like Hi Scores or A Beautiful Place.. maybe.

but it's not gonna happen. so i've gone past caring... like a lot of other old skool BoC fans..

and all these threads are just simply annoying!

I think what annoys a lot of BoC fans is if there is no album or no news then fine. What is slightly bothering (to me anyway) is that we are being made fools of. Like it's all a bit of a laugh and we are having the piss taken out of us. That's how it comes across.

I think what annoys a lot of BoC fans is if there is no album or no news then fine. What is slightly bothering (to me anyway) is that we are being made fools of. Like it's all a bit of a laugh and we are having the piss taken out of us. That's how it comes across.

how are you having the piss taken tho? i don't get that.

by BoC?

how on Earth are they doing that!? just by not updating a website regularly? they're making fools of you all?

that doesn't make any real sense to me. sorry..

Archived