IGNORED

Classical Music

Capsaicin

Not a promo stunt or anything, upcoming 3OP by @xox aka Notein feels like classical music to me. It's by no mean a neo-classical records, and I'm not saying it was xox's intent, but I've listened to it a lot (obviously) and everytime it strikes me as what classical music could have been if it incorporated current technology and sonics to its palette. I'm vastly ignorant of how composers are currentky pushing the enveloppe in the genre though.

Edited by Nil
  • Like 2

The finale of Sibelius 4. It's the oppossite of boombastic endings, but has always impressed me massively. Dark souls like me love the funeral march kind of phrase at 38:43. The bleakness of the ending - wonderful... 37:40 (Sym. ends at 39:20)
BTW, Sibelius funeral march (In Memoriam) is very loveable. There's not just Bruckner Wagner funeral march in 7/2 or Beethovens Marcia Funebre in Eroica. Also, Kurt Atterberg has a great funeral march in Sym. #5.

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 1

Valentina Lisitsa is my favourite living piano player for the most part. Here's Beethoven Tempest Sonata (the beautiful mvmt. - what if our IDM heroes created such melodies?) recorded with a GoPro cam. She has uploaded a lot of interesting stuff. E.g. her practising.

Complete performance is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c3gavEOlXdY

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

My alltime favourite Dido and Aeneas. Concert d'Astree. Here Didos Lament, obviously. Susan Graham singing. 2:50 ff. makes me a total mess.

i can only listen to this version tho

cry everytime

Edited by thefxbip
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, thefxbip said:

i can only listen to this version tho

"Can only" - Haha yeah that's the thing with voices. You pretty much get used to one specific interpretation, they are all quite different, and you can never listen to others ? Emma Kirkby, I love a lot of her singing because in Purcell era music I usually chose recordings with her. Her clean voice goes very well with that era, but in of Dido, she's just alright for me.

Winterreise Schubert - Only with Fischer-Dieskau/Demus, lotsa Schmaltz ?.

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, WurstPLUS said:

"Can only" - Haha yeah that's the thing with voices. You pretty much get used to one specific interpretation, they are all quite different, and you can never listen to others ? Emma Kirkby, I love a lot of her singing because in Purcell era music I usually chose recordings with her. Her clean voice goes very well with that era, but in of Dido, she's just alright for me.

Winterreise Schubert - Only with Fischer-Dieskau/Demus, lotsa Schmaltz ?.

Hahaha youre right when you find your version in vocal music its pretty much definitive.

Like for renaissance madrigals i can almost only listen to La Venexiana/ La Compagnia Del Madrigale, everything else feels off.

Lovely Schubert.

• 2 weeks later...