IGNORED

Classical Music

Capsaicin

A major initiative of the Royal Academy of Music’s Bicentenary, the 200 PIECES project began in 2019 when the Academy’s Head of Composition, Philip Cashian, began to invite composers to write works to contribute to a new contemporary music collection. Starting from within the Composition Department, this quickly spread out to composers all around the world. Since then, all the works have been premiered by current students at the Academy and subsequently recorded.

This library of contemporary works by many of the world’s leading composers is now live on our website, with all pieces freely available to listen to. Information on the composers and links to scores are also available.

https://www.ram.ac.uk/200-pieces

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

im listening to the 21 hungarian dances by Brahm

the  dance no 10 is a stand out. pure insanity.  the change of tempo at around 35 sec starts the pure insanity. so evocative, imaginative, easy to understand. pure trip

• Like 2

the 21 hungarian track from Brahms are out of this world

the number 4 is such a classic melody.

this version in particular. apparently, different tuning truly change the speed and tempo as to make it really different.

I find the melodies classic, but i dunno its so beautiful. it feels a bit like kids music. cant quite put it into words.

the part that start at 1:47 sec is shocking. its just too good.

I cant believe all my life i missed those type of great tracks.

and many more hungarian tracks are incredible like this:

• Like 2

Even though it was written before the instrument existed, baroque music sounds surprisingly good on a saxophone. Throwing a whole saxophone quintet at it may be a bit much, but in a way it does work: Händel's famous "Ombre Mai Fu" Largo, recorded by a guy in his closet.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...