• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

You gotta love Braga Santos Symphony No. 4 just for the Andante which starts at 13:46. ~19:20 ff. is pure bliss, oh those sweet accompanying... tubas?They bring up emotions that remind me of Wagner tuba in Symphony No. 7 Bruckner. The whole rest of the Andante is pure power. 

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 2

Many of the symphonic music listeners love funeral marches, the dark stuff. There's some obvious, safe picks (Beethoven 3 Marcia Funebre, Bruckner Symphony No. 7, Adagio I think, the one for the death of Wagner).

And there's my recommendations of music you may not know:

Kurt Atterberg, Symphony No. 5, Lento - the Lento ends really tragic and dramatic. As for Kurt Atterberg, start with symphony No. 3, you will enjoy from the first minute and not regret. Easily accessible and great- like early RDJ. And listen to Symphony No. 7, right in the first movement, right in the beginning it will implant a joyful theme which will stay in your head.

Jean Sibelius, In Memoriam, I love it. Not talked about often because it is not typical Sibelius, and maybe it has some problems with flow and pace. But still, immensely enjoyable.

Jean Siblius, The Wood Nymph - Not a funeral march, but it has that kind of Rusalka theme and it ends in tragedy, unfolding after 17:12 - This ending is an earthquake, the timpany shake walls, the trumpets... omg. It's really the ultimate dramatic and epic ending, I'm always speechless and in some kind of autistic trance. This is what we want, right?
The following is and stays the best interpretation of the piece. It has the early days BIS ... "bite". Sonically superb. Your neighbours will love you.

I also want to recommend you the Wood Dove of Dvorak.

Edited by WurstPLUS
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...