a thread about some recent ELECTRO tunes

brian trageskin

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Definitely one of the best recent electro releases is SPECTRO-017 on Specimen with tracks by some of the best current electro artists: Arsonist Recorder (more tracks available on Zwaartekracht), Sound Synthesis, Francois Dillinger and Datawave (whose track reminds me of the awesome Simulant and Pollon releases on Scopex - get them on Tresor's compilation - unless you prefer to spend a few hundred on the originals). Carl Finlow's latest album, Apparatus, is out on 20/20 Vision, a label you can use as a stepping stone for more great electro: check out James Shinra (also here) , Versalife (here, too), Kosh and Reedale Rise. Labels to check out are Vortex Traks, Mechatronica, CPU, Electro Music Coalition, Blind Allies, Ukonx, Cultivated Electronics, Frustrated Funk... if you're into more melodic, emotional electro, check out Nebulae and Darren Nye. Look into Lou Karsh aka Reptant, Assembler Code, Jensen Interceptor and London Modular Alliance. If you need more, let me know.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• 6 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
6 hours ago, tbf said:

counting on your tolerance for self promotion, but this has a lot of electro in it. if only I could get the player to embed correctly..

I'll quote myself from another thread:

Embedding Bandcamp releases is horrible in more ways than one. The only way to get the release id this editor's embedding mechanism accepts is to choose Share/Embed on the Bandcamp release page, then Embed this album, then Select a style (any will do), copy the iframe HTML (all of it, it doesn't allow selecting just the id); then get back to this editor, click Bandcamp Player Embed on the toolbar, paste the HTML in the Bandcamp Wordpress Album id field, remove everything before and after the numeric id (found after the string "album=" up until the next forward slash), accept.

It's FUBAR, and I hate it, but it is what it is.

Edited by dcom
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, dcom said:

It's FUBAR, and I hate it, but it is what it is.

wow, I would expect a better music sharing implementation on a music focused forum.. oh well

thanks for clearing it up!