IGNORED

post something controversial about you

Guest ezkerraldean

The way Gahan's voice consistently breaks in the chorus of Strangelove is a good example of the cool thing his voice does that Gore's doesn't.  But in every other way Gore's the better singer.

Controversial thing: I think roast meat of any kind is crap, unless it's covered in sauce/spice of of some kind - and not just some thin layer of brown sugar that gets absorbed by less than 2mm of animal flesh, nor gravy.  Roast ham, roast turkey, roast beef, roast chicken - all crap in and of themselves.  Those animals died for nothing.  Put it in a sandwich and maybe it'll become passable.

Amidst all the controversy surrounding South Park getting banned in China this month, as well as Blizzard's banning of a pro-Hong Kong player blowing up in their faces, I now find myself having the hotts for Mei from Overwatch, despite having never played the game. But she got those thick-framed glasses and just the right amount of thicc...mmm.

• Facepalm 1

getting aroused over anime or digi bs like this.....in olden days the perpetrator would just get taken out into the forest & hacked to death, by olden days i mean wanking over the Bayeux Tapestry, the Turin Shround or owt w/similarly shit graphics as the above

sorry, fwp

• Farnsworth 1

I think Kubrick is overrated.

I know. There's something wrong with me.

Edited by Gocab
  • Facepalm 1

On 10/17/2019 at 3:36 PM, ambergonk said:

Amidst all the controversy surrounding South Park getting banned in China this month, as well as Blizzard's banning of a pro-Hong Kong player blowing up in their faces, I now find myself having the hotts for Mei from Overwatch, despite having never played the game. But she got those thick-framed glasses and just the right amount of thicc...mmm.

The worst troll character in any game. Fucking ice walls. 

33 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

The worst troll character in any game. Fucking ice walls. 

Fair point. Like I said, I've never actually played. Beauty is only skin deep and all that.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 10:25 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Martin Gore has exceptional control, a unique vibratto, perfect pitch, and really connects with whatever he's singing on an emotional level (or at least sounds like he does).  Gahan has a little bit less of all those things, though is still a remarkable vocalist.  He just happens to be in a band with that one in a mil person who's even better.  Kind of crazy to think about.  He must be pretty humble to let go of the reigns for lead vocal duty.  He clearly could be doing it all (vocals in addition to songwriting).

I find that their voices compliment each other's in a composition, but I can't stand Gore's vibrato. It sounds very forced. Like he's literally forcing air through his throat at a varying rate instead of wavering the pitch.

It's pretty wild.  First time I heard it I thought they were experimenting with putting an autotuner vibratto on a really extreme setting.  Then it kept happening in other songs and I realized his voice just naturally does that.  He is able to smooth it out too - I guess more so on their older tunes, pre-Songs of Faith.

I killed JFK. It was aliens that gave me the orders, not the mob, Castro, Russians, or anyone else. I will say, though, that I was surprised to see Joe DiMaggio in the mothership when receiving my orders. He must really have loved Marilyn. 

Edited by Guest

On 10/31/2019 at 2:18 PM, IDEM said:

I actually prefer the processed, freeze-dried, tasteless, granular Parmesan to the fresh, artisanal stuff from the farmer's market. Flame away.

It's because they don't cure it long enough only because then it doesn't taste exactly as the stuff you can buy at the supermarket for a third of the price. Society is a scam!