IGNORED

post something controversial about you

Guest ezkerraldean

I own two handguns. One is semi-auto chambered in .22 LR that I bought a month ago strictly for range use. Haven't actually used it yet. The other is the same model .44 magnum that Clint Eastwood used in Dirty Harry. Main reason I have it is to keep as a family heirloom after my dad passed away. I fired 30 rounds with it last time I used it at the range, but obviously the recoil is a bit much just for hitting targets. But I see no other use for it, unless I plan on hiking in the woods or something where bears roam. But even then I have bear spray, which seems more practical.

AFAIK though bears mostly avoid humans, and you should be safe as long as you make plenty of sound and travel in a group. Obviously don't do what Timothy Treadwell did in back in 2003.

• 1 month later...

I'm transitioning. From boxer briefs to briefs. Yesterday I basically put on a pair as a joke or maybe out of curiosity since it'd been at least 30 years since I'd last worn briefs and in a little over 24 hours I've decided to switch completely. It's so much more comfortable and there's no more boxer brief legs riding up my thigh and having to roll it back by unbuttoning my trousers, putting one hand in my pocket to prevent the pocket from getting displaced while reaching in with the other hand to unfurl the fabric sausage.    

4 hours ago, user said:

I'm transitioning. From boxer briefs to briefs. Yesterday I basically put on a pair as a joke or maybe out of curiosity since it'd been at least 30 years since I'd last worn briefs and in a little over 24 hours I've decided to switch completely. It's so much more comfortable and there's no more boxer brief legs riding up my thigh and having to roll it back by unbuttoning my trousers, putting one hand in my pocket to prevent the pocket from getting displaced while reaching in with the other hand to unfurl the fabric sausage.    

I usually keep one or two pairs around for long walks, because the don't seem to chafe like boxers sometimes do. Theoretically, a G-string would be the optimal solution to avoid intertrigo/soreness, but I don't have it in me (yet?).

I'm not sure I would enjoy the feel of the bare buttocks against the somewhat rough fabric of the jeans I usually wear. Perhaps combining a g-string with some rubber or very smooth leather pants would solve this. 

6 hours ago, rhmilo said:

I'm not sure it's even possible to make bad taco's. Bad burgers, on the other hand ...

i've had bad tacos. it was very upsetting. 

• Burger 1

i don't think any of y'all are in the south. we got them good tacos down here almost everywhere.

plus i'm as much talking about making my own. making burgers is kinda specific and a bit of an ordeal....whereas you can make damned near anything into a taco (yes you also can make almost anything into a sandwich but sandwich=/=burger of course and sandwiches are good but they are not as good as tacos)

12 minutes ago, yekker said:

When i was little my mom would make tacos/burritos which we could build ourselves with all the trimmings ?

I loved that. Now that I'm older I appreciate that as an easy dinner, but when I was a kid, being able to stack the cheese high was like living the good life.

• Thanks 2

48 minutes ago, rhmilo said:

Lolwut?

burgers require some specific things to be a burger: ground beef or something other meat/substitute sorta formed in the same basic way (burger patty). best way to do this is to actually have raw ground beef/whatever, season, form it into patties, cook just right, etc., (frozen patties are possible obv but still gotta cook them up and they're meh) then of course ideally you need hamburger patties or some similar type bread (burgers on sliced sandwich bread is acceptable i guess but only trash like me would do that) and all the fixings specifically for that burger you're going for. there are many variations possible, of course, but the basics of probably forming and cooking patties with raw meat and so for isn't a big thing, but it's imo 'a bit of an ordeal'

whereas a taco? can throw damned near anything on a tortilla and suddenly....it's a taco! little to no cooking necessary.