IGNORED

post something controversial about you

Guest ezkerraldean

1 hour ago, ignatius said:

i have 2 of these...  i got them either at redbubble or that other popular tshirt place that i can't remember. there's like 500 akira shirts out there. at some point i'll have an akira based ward drobe. 

https://starcitytees.com/products/teefury-t-shirt-akira-capsule-41-new-adult-xl-navy

Nice one! My favourite one had a pill on the back and Kaneda's bike on the front. But that was like 1993, I could probably use it as a handkerchief (or face mask) now ...

I am 42 years old

I've never had a six-pack

I've drank plenty of six-packs

not anymore

July 1, 2020

I will have a six-pack

on ma' belly

controversial cause I've tried this many times and quit

not this time:)

someone ask for proof/pictures/video

on that day

starting May 1, 2020

One-Punch-Man-Workout.thumb.jpg.3f3d68a8a9f39d01513244f999663c76.jpg

46 minutes ago, IDEM said:

Nice one! My favourite one had a pill on the back and Kaneda's bike on the front. But that was like 1993, I could probably use it as a handkerchief (or face mask) now ...

i also have this "print all over" akira inspired shirt. found where i got the other shirts.. Threadless.com

https://www.threadless.com/search/?q=akira

1272x920fleece-blanket_home_01.jpg?w=127

I tried to watch Akira and got bored after like 30 minutes, I made it to the scene where the weird little kid-goblin-zombie made things blow up and realized I had no clue what was going on. My roommate has lambasted me for this, but I could not get into the world.

Any time I see an art still from it, I can't see how it could be less than amazing.  I don't remember if I ever actually watched it.  I feel like I have, but possibly just because so many others watched it before me.

8 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Any time I see an art still from it, I can't see how it could be less than amazing.  I don't remember if I ever actually watched it.  I feel like I have, but possibly just because so many others watched it before me.

I watched it for the both of us, and yes, you are most welcome.

• Thanks 1

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Spoiler

21 hours ago, Nebraska said:

i think akira's kinda boring. besides the first 1/3, the rest is just a mess

I guess the first third pretty much follows the manga and then the movie kind of spins into it's own story? After the story gets going the manga has a different plot and the endings are nothing alike really.

Something controversial: I'm currently listening to Music Is Rotted One Note for the first time in my life.

Idk how this happened..

Can you confirm the music is in fact rotting one note?  Or is there more than one note rotting?  I've always wondered this, but never investigated.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova

On 4/30/2020 at 5:58 AM, sweepstakes said:

Akira has serious pacing and plot issues. If it didn't have such fantastic animation and music, it would probably have been forgotten.

I kind of agree, but the whole thing pulls very well together and really pulls itself up as films go. Amazing what visuals and soundtrack can do but also vice versa.

Edited by chassis
  • Like 1

I have become more and more unimpressed by most of RDJ's music during the years and I buy his new releases only out of habit.

But then again, there's a 50/50 chance I don't exist at all.

2 hours ago, chassis said:

I kind of agree, but the whole thing pulls very well together and really pulls itself up as films go. Amazing what visuals and soundtrack can do but also vice versa.

100% agree. I still think it's the best animated thing ever, you just can't critique it the way you would the Marvel movie of the week or whatever.

35 minutes ago, sweepstakes said:

100% agree. I still think it's the best animated thing ever, you just can't critique it the way you would the Marvel movie of the week or whatever.

29 minutes ago, yekker said:

It was made in 88 too. 

Agree with both.

I still enjoy watching it. But for most, maybe like me, I watched in a particular time in my life when it was the thing that I wanted to see. So comparisons to anything else, for me, would be pointless an biased.

I love that film.

It's time I watched Akira again, I think. I recognize a lot of what's been said here, being super impressed with the opening, finding some parts hard to get through or understand what's even going on, but still being completely fascinated by the time it was over.

On The Simpsons I don't need to refresh my memory, there's a private (commercial) channel here that shows an episode every weekday, looping through the first ten or so seasons, and I still catch episodes pretty regularly. Feels good man.

So this is gonna sound pretentious as fuck, and is really just going to rephrase my other point, but I think Akira is capital A Art. It tried to sneak its way into pop culture with mixed results. It's not an opiate for the masses. It wants you to draw your own conclusions. I think that's what makes it feel boring, that it doesn't give you many clues. I believe it wasn't even storyboarded with an overarching plot in mind, it was just supposed to be some loosely connected stories from its world. Speaking of the world, the pop culture thing it did excel at for me was world building.

Also (this was probably already mentioned in this thread) I've heard that the manga's plot was much more sturdily constructed. I haven't read it. Maybe it does go down easier.

TL;DR this is a super derpy obvious point to make on WATMM but it's like the Autechre of anime. When you hear an Autechre track for the first time and you're all "what is this horrible racket and also it's the same thing over and over." Then you change your ears, how and what you pay attention to within the track, and hear that it contains ideas you didn't realize could be embedded in that medium.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I've never seen Matrix from start to finish. I've probably seen all the scenes from it though..

Back when it came out I had no money to go to see it in the theater so I warezed it but it came in two parts that were very low-resolution MPEGs, that were the thing back then, and I think I watched the first part and got bored and never watched the second part.

3 minutes ago, Candiru said:

The BTK Killer's daughter liked one of my tweets. Not joking. 

What was the tweet? How did you figure out it was Rader's daughter?

(is she cute?) answered this one on my own

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Haha 1

I'm listening to a track on my headphones while something else is playing from my speakers. Anti-IDM 2020.