post something controversial about you

Guest ezkerraldean

It's time I watched Akira again, I think. I recognize a lot of what's been said here, being super impressed with the opening, finding some parts hard to get through or understand what's even going on, but still being completely fascinated by the time it was over.

On The Simpsons I don't need to refresh my memory, there's a private (commercial) channel here that shows an episode every weekday, looping through the first ten or so seasons, and I still catch episodes pretty regularly. Feels good man.

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a Twitter acct for a couple years with a woman’s name and avi and ended up getting a bunch of followers and people inviting me over and having in depth dm convos with me and what not and I only

another controversial take from me is that I think Ren and Stimpy is one of the worst cartoons ever made

I think Green Day sucks.

Posted Images

So this is gonna sound pretentious as fuck, and is really just going to rephrase my other point, but I think Akira is capital A Art. It tried to sneak its way into pop culture with mixed results. It's not an opiate for the masses. It wants you to draw your own conclusions. I think that's what makes it feel boring, that it doesn't give you many clues. I believe it wasn't even storyboarded with an overarching plot in mind, it was just supposed to be some loosely connected stories from its world. Speaking of the world, the pop culture thing it did excel at for me was world building.

Also (this was probably already mentioned in this thread) I've heard that the manga's plot was much more sturdily constructed. I haven't read it. Maybe it does go down easier.

TL;DR this is a super derpy obvious point to make on WATMM but it's like the Autechre of anime. When you hear an Autechre track for the first time and you're all "what is this horrible racket and also it's the same thing over and over." Then you change your ears, how and what you pay attention to within the track, and hear that it contains ideas you didn't realize could be embedded in that medium.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm pretty sure I've never seen Matrix from start to finish. I've probably seen all the scenes from it though..

Back when it came out I had no money to go to see it in the theater so I warezed it but it came in two parts that were very low-resolution MPEGs, that were the thing back then, and I think I watched the first part and got bored and never watched the second part.

The BTK Killer's daughter liked one of my tweets. Not joking. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Candiru said:

The BTK Killer's daughter liked one of my tweets. Not joking. 

What was the tweet? How did you figure out it was Rader's daughter?

(is she cute?) answered this one on my own

Edited by Hugh Mughnus
  • Haha 1

I'm listening to a track on my headphones while something else is playing from my speakers. Anti-IDM 2020.

I'm contemplating a 3rd serving of apple pie a la mode. 

i've mostly been a potato for the past 3 weeks. is this controversial?

the 7pm cheering for health care workers was nice at first then got annoying and i hide in the basement because it's when PBS News Hour starts anyways. 

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Hugh Mughnus said:

What was the tweet? How did you figure out it was Rader's daughter?

(is she cute?) answered this one on my own

I posted something about healthcare workers dealing with more unbearable things on a daily basis than most people do at work. I mean if you work in a hospital, you're probably surrounded by all kinds of horrific things, especially now, of course.

Apparently, she is a public person who has written a book on what it's like to be an innocent family member of a serial killer and all the shit that goes along with it. She has also recovered from covid-19. 

• Like 2

Get in there, Candiru!

...if you play your cards right, one day you can swing in here and be like "I'm father to BTK's grandson," which would be pretty controversial imo.

Edited by Zephyr_Nova
  • Haha 1

I told her I was married to three men and 4 women and I gave her your number. 

Well now if I see some black and white lady lurking about my area I'll know she did something really controversial at some point.  Some kind of confrontation will then have to happen.  So basically the damage is already done, and you may as well just post the thing.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Controversial about me: I have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, but not related to cleaning/checking. I will do anything to bust the myth that medication "kills" your creativity, because I have created more in the short year I have been on the right medication than I did in nearly the decade after things in my head got intense.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 months later...

I never buy chocolate, potato chips or pop.   Not for health reasons - I just don't care for any of it.  Might grab a bag of pretzels once every couple months tho.  I've never understood why pretzels aren't more popular.

I used to masturbate to lingerie catalogs as a young man... I couldn't wait to collect the junk mail every week. It went as far as cutting out each picture and starting a little visual diary of lingerie goodness - had my own categories going on and everything... no plus size chicks though (you see them more nowadays) 

Later I took to sketching the female body (quite well I might add) I'd get commissions from classmates (ah primary school was something else)

I once had just finished another sketch of boobs and child bearing hips - sitting alone in my room quite proud of myself - when in walks my much older cousin (she was like 25 at the time and me 9 or 10) and I panicked! So I scrunched the drawing and quickly put it inside one of my roller blades - guess what happened next... That's right the bitch was like 'oh what's in there?' so she reached into the roller blade a pulled out my scrunched up drawing of the lady anatomy... And that was the last time I ever spoke to my cousin... She giggled... 

Fin. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1
On 10/5/2020 at 1:25 AM, Zephyr_Nova said:

I never buy chocolate, potato chips or pop.   Not for health reasons - I just don't care for any of it.  Might grab a bag of pretzels once every couple months tho.  I've never understood why pretzels aren't more popular.

What about candy?

I don't remember the last time I bought candy.  There was a period where I routinely bought liquorice and pineapple juice circa 2012-15.  For some reason that combo really appealed to me.  Also, I would bite both ends of the liquorice to make a straw, than drink the juice with that.  Dark times.