IGNORED

post something controversial about you

Guest ezkerraldean

7 minutes ago, ambermonke said:

I think the 3-year-old-meme-turned-contemporary-term-for-alpha-male "Chad" is bullshit and needs to die out. Chad is a mythical conformist asymptote for pretentious clout chasers.

yeah but if that happened we wouldn't get incel cringe compilations

• Like 2

9 hours ago, ambermonke said:

I think the 3-year-old-meme-turned-contemporary-term-for-alpha-male "Chad" is bullshit and needs to die out. Chad is a mythical conformist asymptote for pretentious clout chasers.

Chad as a concept is only ever articulated in the presence of the lack of the thing it describes, and all systematic attempts to formalize it or to obtain it only make the lack more profound

i've read multiple books by evola

Spoiler

mostly just because i subscribe to the belief that i shouldn't try to criticize an ideology until after i've read some of its literature, in this case literal 1930s Italian fascist propaganda

• Like 1

10 hours ago, ambermonke said:

That meme is a lot older than three years

On 3/24/2020 at 6:44 AM, ooqpoo said:
On 3/24/2020 at 1:27 AM, President Squidward said:

Krispy Kreme is the superior donut shop to Dunkin.

How do these compare to Mr. Donut in Japan? 

Somehow I just saw this and will say that Mista Don is the superior option by far for chain stores.

On 11/28/2020 at 1:25 AM, Tim_J said:

i'm into sweet popcorn... salty ones are boring...

Have you tried mixing both? That has opened up a new world for me.

Something controversial about me ... hmmm ... I've never had a cup of coffee in my life. A lot of people find that unfathomable.

• Confused 3

I had a Twitter acct for a couple years with a woman’s name and avi and ended up getting a bunch of followers and people inviting me over and having in depth dm convos with me and what not and I only ever told like 3 ppl I was guy.

I don’t consider this “catfishing” bc I was never trying to trick ppl, it was kinda like on here where you just chose a random name (mine was aphex related) and my avi was a pic from a 1960s year book that I processed but I perhaps I was playing with the limits. I simply posted, I was not like hey I’m a girl lol, but sometimes I feel bad abt it

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Burger 1

My Degrees of Controversiality:

1. things i don't actually think are particularly controversial but I would post them in this thread because they're quirky

2. things which i would not post on watmm because i'd be afraid of losing friends

3. things i wouldn't post anywhere that could be traced back to me

2 & 3 are where the actual spicy material are but they will likely remain unspoken. i suspect i am far from the only person for whom this is the case. Not that I believe or have done anything truly controversial of course. i am a model citizen

• Like 2
  • Farnsworth 1

• 10 months later...

Once upon a time, while tremendously slaughtered on vast amounts of beer and vodka, me and two mates staggered like drunken beasts to get the train home from Maidenhead. Arriving at the train station car park there was a police van parked up with some nice policemen in, probably all having a cup of tea. Mr Nagle staggers up to it and proceeds with both palms of his hands to pound the police van, while yelling WAKEY WAKEY BASS IN YOUR FACE!!! At which point all doors are flung open and 5 or 6 policemen pile out of the van ready to arrest Mr Nagle. Me and Mr Coppard aren’t in the firing line as it’s obvious we aren’t the guilty party. What happens next is on one hand a master stroke of diplomacy and almost genius level of negotiating skills, and on another a very bad mistake because if I hadn’t of talked the policemen out of arresting my fellow friend then maybe what was to follow afterwards would not of happened. No arrest was made, they drive off and we make our way to the welcoming, golden glow of the train station reception area. And that’s when all hell breaks loose. Maybe all those double vodkas we had just before leaving the pub really kick in, maybe our unlikely pyrrhic victory against the police bolsters the beast within us, whatever it is, three drunken savages enter the reception area…..

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

Years ago before Windsor Legoland there was Windsor Safari Park. One of the highlights of such a visit was being able to drive your car through a few enclosures of acres of land where marauding packs of baboons and other menacing monkeys would take delight in going apeshit (yup) and mildly berserk, crawling all over the car, ripping things apart, throwing things about and generally causing merry mayhem and damage. This is what we turned into! This was us! Drunk mad apes, chattering with glee!!! Let loose on Maidenhead train station.

First up our attention focuses on the half a dozen pay phones, each handset gets ripped off the cable and flung somewhere into the distance. Then 2 rather large bins, which is a team effort because they are rather large and heavy get swung and flung at the ticket reception windows. Whoop! Whoop! Oh how much fun. We then scamper up the stairs and low and behold what do we see? A rather large scaffolding tower, of which we proceed to climb and howl with laughter, probably shouting abuse at people on the platforms. Yes reader, it’s not the early hours of the morning on an empty train station, it’s only about 10.45pm. Lots and lots of witnesses. After getting bored of being kings of the castle we clamber down, where at which point if we aren’t already in serious trouble we are definitely going to be with what happens next. I’ll be honest and say I had nothing to do with it, because all though my behaviour is way off the chart and entering unknown territory (for the first and definitely last time) there’s a slight glimmer of common sense which tells me to back off and get away and have nothing to do with this, as my two mates proceed to topple the scaffolding tower onto the fast main line between London and Oxford. At this point it dawns on us that it’s probably a wise move to escape the train station, so we head down the stairs. As we are heading down we see there is a small army of police officers charging up the stairs. We turn around back up to the platform, the police are coming, to the end of the platform, the police are coming…only one thing for it then. We jump off the platform onto the railway line and disappear into the darkness. That’s another serious offence to add to the rather large list of ones we have committed so far.

• Like 2

After about 10 minutes in the pitch black, running down a train line where high speed trains regularly appear. We realise it’s probably best to get somewhere safe. Fighting through thick brambles and almost torn to shreds we are in a car park on a trading estate. Almost instantly the whole of Maidenhead constabulary turn up and we are turfed into the van and into a cell. Awaiting the Paddington Transport Police Department to interview us in the morning. 

Long story short, after ending up in court and getting away by the skin of my teeth with just drunk and disorderly and criminal damage, because I never pushed the scaffolding (thank god for the witnesses) honestly I can say I’ve never misbehaved or acted in that way ever since. Being 19 and put in a cell, having my mugshot, and fingerprints taken. Going to court with the risk of being imprisoned was more than enough for me. It was a massive wake up call. I’ve never bothered a policeman since, I never had anything to do with those two friends since, and I never have acted in such a god awful way since.

That’s my controversial story. 

• Like 3

• 4 months later...

I don't think Tim Burton is a very good director.

But Batman 1989 maybe the best Batman movie.