IGNORED

post something controversial about you

Guest ezkerraldean

Guest ezkerraldean

I live in Canada voluntarily (-ish) yet have little respect for many of the country's main (English-speaking) institutions. The CBC is vastly inferior to the BBC, and the Globe and Mail is nothing on any of the UK's main newspapers. And so many little things really piss me off (not including tax in advertised prices, the obscene scams that are the phone networks here, road design and regulations, general suburban architecture, the way everyone claims to be Scottish or Irish (NO YOU'RE BLOODY NOT) etc). Plus I hate all the booze lol. Anglo Canadians (Ontarians?) often seem to be mortally offended whenever I proclaim that I prefer my Old World country of origin to their shiny modern New World one - the ones I've come across seem to think that you have to be mad to doubt the idea that Canada is THE best country in the world. I guess that's why I felt like I'd get on with rural Quebecers where I was working recently - they see themselves as Quebecois as opposed to Canadian, but they're not remotely stuck-up about Quebec and make no grandiose claims about their nation.

my pretentious disdain is probably just directed at southern Ontario though, not Canada as a whole lol

Edited by ezkerraldean

I live in Canada voluntarily (-ish) yet have little respect for many of the country's main (English-speaking) institutions. The CBC is vastly inferior to the BBC, and the Globe and Mail is nothing on any of the UK's main newspapers. And so many little things really piss me off (not including tax in advertised prices, the obscene scams that are the phone networks here, road design and regulations, general suburban architecture, the way everyone claims to be Scottish or Irish (NO YOU'RE BLOODY NOT) etc). Plus I hate all the booze lol. Anglo Canadians (Ontarians?) often seem to be mortally offended whenever I proclaim that I prefer my Old World country of origin to their shiny modern New World one - the ones I've come across seem to think that you have to be mad to doubt the idea that Canada is THE best country in the world. I guess that's why I felt like I'd get on with rural Quebecers where I was working recently - they see themselves as Quebecois as opposed to Canadian, but they're not remotely stuck-up about Quebec and make no grandiose claims about their nation.

my pretentious disdain is probably just directed at southern Ontario though, not Canada as a whole lol

for the love of god don't judge canada based on ontario. please.

Guest ezkerraldean

for the love of god don't judge canada based on ontario. please.

lolz yeah, I suspect it's just the self-centred Toronto bubble that pisses me off

it's only really southern Ontario though. I worked way up Thunder Bay way a few months back and it's totally different. Should be a different province IMO.

god I'm so pretentious lol

all of these posts are more "admit something a little strange about yourself". what's controversial about most of these things i don't know.

Me neither, they're either that or mildly embarrassing confessions (which may or may not actually be true).

speaking of drinking piss, the meanest party prank i ever saw was someone pissing in the kettle. the smell in the morning was deadly.

Ive seen someone doing that, so cruel. I laugh of course but still, when youre hungover the no1 thing you need is a kettle. And yea/coffee I suppose.

Guest happycase

One of our cats only eats human food. I chew her food up and spit it on the floor so that she'll associate me with the pleasure of eating.

I live in Ontario and I don't object to anything in your post.

i think circumcision (male) is backwards and barbaric and should be stigmatised in exactly the same way as female circumcision is

sometimes i reckon circumcision is just some huge scam on the part of the lube industry. all these yanks have no foreskin so they need lube to stop their tiny willies hurting when they shag

Fuck circumcision.

i once ate a buick

did you puick?

LOL

i think xkcd sucks

:sad:

I believe the Earth is round and revolves around the sun.