IGNORED

post something controversial about you

Guest ezkerraldean

I love opiates. But can take or leave it. Im going to order some unwashed poppy seeds and do a recipe I found for making milk of the poppy. 

Having a really hard time worrying that the melodies I'm writing have already been made or are somewhere out there going to bite me in the future

I love opiates. But can take or leave it. Im going to order some unwashed poppy seeds and do a recipe I found for making milk of the poppy. 

Having a really hard time worrying that the melodies I'm writing have already been made or are somewhere out there going to bite me in the future

there's a good book on opiates/poppies that has all the recipes for all the classic opiate drugs from the 20's up to now.  it's really good. tells all the details of how/when/which poppies to grow and what to do w/them.  

https://www.amazon.com/Opium-Masses-Harvesting-Natures-Medication/dp/1932595465/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=opium+poppy+seeds&qid=1554925229&s=books&sr=1-1

weird link fuckery

https://www.amazon.com/Opium-Masses-Harvesting-Natures-Medication/dp/1932595465/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?keywords=Opium+for+the+Masses%3A+Harvesting+Nature%27s+Best+Pain+Medication+Paperback+–+October+1%2C+2009&qid=1554925251&s=books&sr=1-1-fkmr0

51CgNAO5JXL._SX318_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by ignatius

I got invited to some "boomer" gamer discord server a few days ago, so I joined. But today it went full retard for some inexplicable reason. So I left voluntarily.

I'm becoming increasingly convinced that the modern gaming community as a whole is full of autistic edgelord assholes. I need some kind of psychological detox.

(BTW no offense intended towards folk who have an official autism diagnosis. I'm talking about all the shitbirds that don't have second thoughts slinging around the n-word or being anti-Semite, knocking "libtards" without any prior political context, or referring to females as "thots" by default. They're pestilent scabs as far as I'm concerned.)

can confirm this is not controversial, the gaming community has always been mostly yuck n fucked. also wdym boomer, I know shitbirds my age who act like this.

The server host himself was a "boomer", but didn't act toxic the way these asshole gamers did. The ones I'm talking about were likely in their teens and early 20s still dealing with hormonal instability. Sure, I'm a casual gamer myself, but I'll never understand the cult-like hive mind appeal that many in that community/subculture have.

y'all would get a kick out of this

https://www.reddit.com/r/GamersRiseUp/

i never want to hear led zeppelin again. the 80s classic rock era radio stations ruined all that shit. 

There are certain Zeppelin songs I don't care about hearing again, like Rock and Roll. But they had so many good songs. 

unintentionally hearing a Greta Van Fleet song on the radio made me appreciate Led Zeppelin again, their deeper cuts and harder songs are still worth cranking up 

Led Zeppelin is akin to Pink Floyd - overplayed, pop culture zeitgeist that it's needless to express admiration for them, which is why they are such staples of boomers and "lewronggeneration" teenagers. I have no qualms about being stereotypical high school age fan of either back in the day, they help lead me to a lot more psych rock, metal, etc. 

I like having colds! (Unless there's a sore thoat involved.)

Yeah same. The swimmy head feverish kind. It's kinda like being high. You can just sit and mong out on the sofa to bullshit on tv, guilt free!

I like the end of a cold where you hack up green stuff. Always a satisfying purge, like alleviating blue balls of the sinuses

I like having colds! (Unless there's a sore thoat involved.)

Yeah same. The swimmy head feverish kind. It's kinda like being high. You can just sit and mong out on the sofa to bullshit on tv, guilt free!

Spiral knows what I'm talking about.  It is this weird body high where I'm in the dazed out cold-zone.  It's similar to being on pain meds.  Also, for some reason my orgasms end up being more intense... heightened sensitivity or something.  Colds r cool.

Lol, I have a really good memory of watching total recall when I was sick out of my mind, when you are so sick all you see is the tv screen, just paralyzed on the couch, feel like you are tethered to the tv.

Last time I was really sick, I think I did like 5 feature length films in one day. 4 feels like a real accomplishment, but 5 is kind of insane.

When I was binge watching 750 episodes of One Piece, I think I averaged 10 episodes a day.

i'm zaphod's dupe account

Ooooh... It explains why you're sooooo crazy about Harmony In Ultraviolet in the Ravedeath thread!

flol

edit: rip remy marathe. got banned posting one pic...

Edited by dr lopez

Lol, I have a really good memory of watching total recall when I was sick out of my mind, when you are so sick all you see is the tv screen, just paralyzed on the couch, feel like you are tethered to the tv.

Last time I was really sick, I think I did like 5 feature length films in one day. 4 feels like a real accomplishment, but 5 is kind of insane.

When I was binge watching 750 episodes of One Piece, I think I averaged 10 episodes a day.

i remember watching the simpsons after a surgery i had high on morphine and getting the jokes but not thinking any of it was funny. i don't get how people would want to be like that at all times (downers)

being sick is ok sometimes

Edited by yek

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

My political views here apparently, despite being among the left majority

Is it your view on abortion? It's just really badly informed, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Even if what you proposed would be somehow a good idea how the hell would that work in practice?

Not sure all of these are controversial, but they're not the status quo, so:

I think there should be a cap on how much CEOs, CFOs, CTOs, et cetera (high ranking employees), can make at a company. There should be no incentive to enable nepotism. The drive to have one of those positions shouldn't be how much the salary/annual bonus is, it should be for the work itself. Y'know, like most other people at the company.

The rich should be taxed heavily for their power and influence.

Foods that have a high carbon foot print or their production pollutes heavily, should not be government subsidized.

Give everyone a universal income.

• Like 1

On one moment in time some people thought I was a robot.

Edited by Mozex
I think some people still do.
  • Like 1
  • Farnsworth 1

52 minutes ago, user said:

Is it your view on abortion? It's just really badly informed, you clearly have no idea what you're talking about. Even if what you proposed would be somehow a good idea how the hell would that work in practice?

Lest the subject of the other thread spill over into this one, elaborate more on your response than just "lol" then

32 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i'd really like to use the word "retarded" sometimes but i know i can't.

Yeah I sometimes have slip ups like these. Usually when you say something like this you aren't thinking of the literal meaning behind the word. 

I'm kinda on the fence about it's usage. On one hand there's really no reason to say it. On the other I dislike people trying to police language. Sometimes you can't even say some of those kinds of words when just talking about why the word needs to be retired

Edited by Brisbot

11 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Yeah I sometimes have slip ups like these. Usually when you say something like this you aren't thinking of the literal meaning behind the word. 

I'm kinda on the fence about it's usage. On one hand there's really no reason to say it. On the other I dislike people trying to police language. Sometimes you can't even say some of those kinds of words trying to explain why the word needs to be retired.

I know, that's so gay...

Spoiler

*ducks*

8 minutes ago, yekker said:

I know, that's so gay...

Reveal hidden contents

*ducks*

lol. I don't think gay is an issue though? (idk). Stuff like midget, dwarf etc or phrases like "Peanut Gallery". I do think it's a good idea to try to stop saying them but it shouldn't matter if you do. It's hard enough trying to weave through what you want to say and having a large blacklist of words you used to use but now are triggering. That said I've only met a few people who do get angry about it so it may just be an over-exaggeration.

Edited by Brisbot