Sign in to follow this  
Guest ezkerraldean

post something controversial about you

I just did, in the other thread 🙂

i'd really like to use the word "retarded" sometimes but i know i can't.

• Like 1

"Mental" is still accepted among the more PC members of society, along with stupid/idiotic and a bunch of other words with the same connotation.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, ignatius said:

i'd really like to use the word "retarded" sometimes but i know i can't.

Yeah I sometimes have slip ups like these. Usually when you say something like this you aren't thinking of the literal meaning behind the word. 

I'm kinda on the fence about it's usage. On one hand there's really no reason to say it. On the other I dislike people trying to police language. Sometimes you can't even say some of those kinds of words when just talking about why the word needs to be retired

Edited by Brisbot

11 minutes ago, Brisbot said:

Yeah I sometimes have slip ups like these. Usually when you say something like this you aren't thinking of the literal meaning behind the word. 

I'm kinda on the fence about it's usage. On one hand there's really no reason to say it. On the other I dislike people trying to police language. Sometimes you can't even say some of those kinds of words trying to explain why the word needs to be retired.

I know, that's so gay...

Spoiler

*ducks*

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, yekker said:

I know, that's so gay...

Reveal hidden contents

*ducks*

lol. I don't think gay is an issue though? (idk). Stuff like midget, dwarf etc or phrases like "Peanut Gallery". I do think it's a good idea to try to stop saying them but it shouldn't matter if you do. It's hard enough trying to weave through what you want to say and having a large blacklist of words you used to use but now are triggering. That said I've only met a few people who do get angry about it so it may just be an over-exaggeration.

Edited by Brisbot

Why peanut gallery?

I am not fit or buff like my avatar pic.

I don't believe it.

lol c o n t r o v e r s i a l 

I'm actually getting quite fit these days, working very hard. But certainly nothing like BulkV the avatar =P

I'm still putting in 4 -6 hrs per week at the gym myself. But weight loss is slow.

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, ambergonk said:

I'm still putting in 4 -6 hrs per week at the gym myself. But weight loss is slow.

Totally. Have to manage expectations. I'm down 4lbs in the last 3 weeks though so I'm happy. Goal is 210 and 15% BF after the next 8 weeks of my program. It will be the most fit I've been in my life tbh. Given the last 3 weeks results it's also attainable as long as I stick to my program!

Many people (not you I know!) think weight loss and fitness are a snap of the fingers. Fact is it takes years to put on weight and body fat, it will take just as long to take it off. 

😃

Edited by StephenG
  • Like 1

weight loss is more about diet than exercise. exercise helps but it's all just counting calories. low carb, low sugar and you can drop weight pretty fast.. but it depends on how fat you are to start. fatter people lose weight faster at the start. so, if you're only trying to lose 10 pounds it's gonna be slow.. but if you need to lose 100 pounds then you'll probably lose the first 30 pounds really quickly.

my friend lost 35 pounds in 6 weeks.  he biked around a lot but mostly dieted.  calorie counting apps help a lot because you see where your calories are coming from. 

• Like 1

Yep! 85% diet, 15% exercise is the generally accepted ratio. =p

Goddamn guys with the health talk.. I could lose a few pounds as well. I exercise but not quite the diet. I think I'm going to go back to eating eggs in the morning.

I masturbate with 100 grit sandpaper. 

6 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

I've found this to be the most effective form of weight loss (but that's 'cuz fat always goes straight to my wang, so I lose a good 30 lbs right there).

The only David Lynch film i've seen is Inland Empire and i've never watched Twin Peaks

36 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

The only David Lynch film i've seen is Inland Empire and i've never watched Twin Peaks

Inland Empire, not one of my faves. It’s everything that can go wrong with Lynch, if you ask me. Most of his other stuff, even when it leaves you scratching your head is at least entertaining/intriguing.

Blue Velvet, Wild At Heart, and Mulholland Drive are excellence. Lost Highway is pretty cool. 

20 minutes ago, Candiru said:

Inland Empire, not one of my faves. It’s everything that can go wrong with Lynch, if you ask me. Most of his other stuff, even when it leaves you scratching your head is at least entertaining/intriguing.

Blue Velvet, Wild At Heart, and Mulholland Drive are excellence. Lost Highway is pretty cool. 

that's pretty controversial...

Inland Empire's a pretty controversial only Lynch film to have watched.  That's like diving right into the deep end before learning how to swim.

Is twin peak worth watching? Tried watching but it starts so very slow 

14 hours ago, chenGOD said:

>.<

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Zephyr_Nova said:

Why peanut gallery?

I have a friend who is full on pc and he pointed it out to me the other day. He's an encyclopedia of things you're not supposed to say. Fresh on my mind though a random example. I actually forget what it means, but know it's offensive.

Edited by Brisbot

16 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Inland Empire is great. Twin Peaks is hugely overrated though