IGNORED

Amon Tobin - ISAM

crono3

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

its been a while since i heard an album that was this immediately exciting sounding upon first listen and then lost its luster so quickly on subsequent listens

edit: this album reminds me a whole lot more of Binary Universe than it does of Confield

did you manage to admit to yourself came to a conclusion on the compression, yet?

Am i missing something here? Since when does technique and process make a song/album/artist not valid? Should i never listen to punk because the gain is always to 10? Should i never listen to dub cus the reverb/delay is always fucking wet as hell? Should i stop listening to Aphex/Sp/Ae/BOC cus they brick wall there shit?

Im just gonna say it; Your all fucking noobs. The more LIMITED example you speak of was the finally! Its a dynamic album. In these examples all you can see is the LOUDEST element. Get over yourself and stop echoing a bunch of people who dont actually know what they are talking about. Go home and put the Tuss in an analyzer....kiss my ass!

what the fuck you on about

sorry my response above was not complimentary, it is BT's 2nd to last album http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Binary_Universe

tis a shame. i know you are very critical and usually for good reasons, but i see no reason why this is that bad. in fact, i see no reason why this is bad at all. i find it quite enjoyable.

sorry my response above was not complimentary, it is BT's 2nd to last album http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Binary_Universe

I find 'This Binary Universe' WAY more try-hard and pretentious than this. It's a bizarrely ugly mixture of 'complexity' and crazy stutters and sound design and utter, utter cheese.

Whereas this is a coherent, fun and very imaginative sounding. imho.

However, I can see why you linked them for exterior reasons. Something about Amon Tobin's promotional approach does remind me of BT's, which is why I was wary about this release at first after being burned by 'This Binary Universe'... I actually liked BT's next album more. Good, honest poppy trance with some sick stutter edits. Shame about the lyrics, but never mind. :)

Guest Enter a new display name

I talked to the guy and I shook his hand today. Amon dares wearing a leather jacket and jeans while there's a heatwave! :wtf:

Guest illfly mandog
...only the vocal tracks don't do it so much for me.
I like the vocal tracks.Just got my book in the mail today!

I was pleasantly surprised to learn all the vocals are Amon himself.

I'm just curious where the money came from for such a big project (the live show). Ninja tune? Amon himself? I know he is a larger electronic name, but perhaps I didn't realize just how big and money making he was?

Guest Adam

He's one of the most sucesful Ninja Tune's artists. Only Bonobo, Mr Scruff, The Cinematic Orchestra and Roots Manuva are more popular than him acording to youtube.

Guest Adam

According to that 3X3 last.fm thingy, I've listened to ISAM a whole bunch.

I don't remember any of it. :sad:

It's complex.

I'd guesstimate (pulloutofmyasstimate) that the only NJ artist possibly making more money than Amon is Roots Manuva.

The cinematic orchestra and bonobo make more imo.

According to that 3X3 last.fm thingy, I've listened to ISAM a whole bunch.

I don't remember any of it. :sad:

It's complex.

Complexity isn't generally a problem, and I don't think Amon's close to pushing my limits... something's just not clicking for me. I like Amon quite a bit so I keep giving it a chance. The sound design is interesting but I'm not sure if it's structurally/compositionally interesting. Yet.

Guest Blanket Fort Collapse

thanks for the interview posting, I still haven't listened to this, I haven't smoked herb in a while and I feel like I need to be in a different state of mind to experience his inspiring production on this record for the first time. I'm probably gonna have to make myself create the right scenario soooon

I'm just curious where the money came from for such a big project (the live show). Ninja tune? Amon himself? I know he is a larger electronic name, but perhaps I didn't realize just how big and money making he was?

Art funding? Or maybe the projector computer funded some of it. They'll do that sometimes.

Archived