IGNORED

Amon Tobin - ISAM

crono3

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's been a while since an Amon tobin album did much for me. Probably not since Super Modified. Here's hoping he does something really cool this time.

Foley Room was nice as a concept but i thought the execution was a little too loose/sparse for my tastes, just as you feel a song is reaching a groove it kind of looses it.

I feel ever since Splinter Cell he puts more effort into his production and recording engineering than in his compositions. edit: the interview sheds some light on why this might be, maybe the technical limitations of Splinter Cell got him to focus on different things for the future?

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Ruiagnello, that is an old track. The new one was good though. I'm looking forward to this release.

Guest ruiagnelo

Dear Ruiagnello, that is an old track. The new one was good though. I'm looking forward to this release.

1765-96-20090311100848.jpeg

and i have listened to his records infinite times.

guess i am just excited for a new album.

Release date is official! New email from the site...

The new album from Amon Tobin ISAM is coming May 23rd!

Two years in the making...there's a lot to say about it.

Too much for this email or even a blog post...but if there is something

you want to know about the album, how it came about what's next, then

post your questions to the Facebook wall or post, Twitter with #ISAM, or

leave a comment via SoundCloud

We can't promise answers to everything but we'll answer what we can.

There is a little snippet for you to listen to and one of the pieces of art from

Tessa Farmer who is creating artwork especially for the album.

More on an extended collaboration between the two soon.

http://t.opsp.in/PRgY

My God, there's more going on in that minute and a half than I've heard in a lot of albums !

Wow that's DENSE.

But I still prefer the defined D&B style he had 10 years ago (Bricolage/Permutations)

the clips above sounds like they suffer from the same overly sparse feel of Foley Room, i'd be very very surprised if the audio lived up to that phenomenally good artwork (who the fuck did that?) looks like someone just visually kicked Arnold Steiner/AS1's balls in

edit: i think i'd need to hear a full song to give it fair shake, too hard to tell in this sampler form

That sample is a complete cock tease... :wang:

The album artwork is a beauty, but it goes so nicely with the sounds from that sample.

I think the Limited ed bundle is gonna take me down a peg.

Archived